shipping to Eastern Europe

Hey, I live in Prague, Czech Republic. Based on what I'm hearing from everyone else who's waiting (in Canada even), should I bother ordering this game or just wait until the Russians pirate it? How long will it realistically take to ship here?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

....... should I bother ordering this game or just wait until the Russians pirate it? How long will it realistically take to ship here?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that you'd best either say "just kidding", or apologize if you actually hold that intent. If it takes you 3 months, order it, pay the money and support BTS and what they are doing. To access it by other than honorable means means that you are stealing their life's blood, and stealing from us the user community. If you support this game, and future CM, wait as long as it takes. The new CM 1.02 demo provides alot of material and should last you. Heck, many here have waited alot longer than you ever will. Consider it dues.

Sorry if this sounds a preachy but you'll know it was worth it to do the right thing

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 06-30-2000).]

While I understand while you would buy from pirates (80% cheaper and income is VERY low compared to US) - my hope is that the game will not be widely available from them. This is not the type of game that pirates ussually copy in East Europe. Now CM2 is bound to capture russian imagination - so I expect that one to show up in pirate hands.

Note of explanation to US gamers about piracy in East Europe. Income per month is often under 800 dolars - it is hard to spend 50 bucks on a game when pirates offer it for $10. Some companies sell their software much cheaper in East Europe. (For example MSWindows is much cheaper than in US)

I do not support piracy, I buy all of my games - but when you choose between food and paying less for a game the choice is obvious. (Unfortunatly)

Ok, Ok. I WAS only kidding. If I wasn't planning on buying the game from BTS legitimately, I wouldn't be here posting.

Sorry to the BTS guys if my joke was taken seriously, but the wide availability of pirates (and instant delivery time) is kind of a running joke here in this part of the world. There are more important markets for companies like Microsoft, after all.

I still need to know the expected ETA of the product if it is ordered now, however, because I don't know how long I'll be at my present address. Anyone have a clue?

p.s. You'd be surprised at the software they pirate here -for about 2 dollars a copy, not 10.

again, sorry if i offended anyone

Ok, Ok. I WAS only kidding. If I wasn't planning on buying the game from BTS legitimately, I wouldn't be here posting.

Sorry to the BTS guys if my joke was taken seriously, but the wide availability of pirates (and instant delivery time) is kind of a running joke here in this part of the world. There are more important markets for companies like Microsoft, after all.

I still need to know the expected ETA of the product if it is ordered now, however, because I don't know how long I'll be at my present address. Anyone have a clue?

p.s. You'd be surprised at the software they pirate here -for about 2 dollars a copy, not 10.

again, sorry if i offended anyone

That's cool cool.gifand welcome to one of the more interesting and stimulating sites on the net. But it can be sort of like the airline passenger who said Hi to his friend Jack as he boarded a plane and suddenly security descended. There have been some VERY heated reactions to the pirating issues. Just check Warez and pirate in the search function.

wow,

I just got done flipping through threads that have anything to do with piracy on this site, or criticism of BTS, or bitching about the lateness of the game.

quite a passionate (rabid?) bunch I seem to have hooked up with here.

I'll definately watch my step before saying anything that goes against the party line (like the above sentence)

I've definately noticed that there is a difference in tone between the "haves" and "have nots" on this forum. I'm placing my order today and I hope to be converted before long.;}

Don't let it intimidate ya. Check out Kump's thread at http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/006720.html

As he noted he was bitching, but ya know, hanging around here changes a guy. We get all warm and fuzzy [Group hug time]

Sometimes we act like spoiled children, sometimes adults, sometimes we simply like to blow things up!!! Dive right in, the people are fine, united by a totally cool expeience, Combat Mission

Jeeeeeeeeez,

Flipping through these threads- I don't know if this is more like some freaky religious cult or wargamer support group. It's gonna get kind of boring around here once everyone actually has the game. Then we'll be reduced to talking about boring stuff like playing CM.

Anyway, in spite of the fact that no one seemed to know how long the shipping takes, I threw caution to the wind and ordered this afternoon. I suppose I can have it forwarded if I'm not here. So, you may hear me bitching for a few weeks depending on how long it takes. Once I get it, is there a good forum around here to find PBEM opponents?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

Jeeeeeeeeez,

Flipping through these threads- I don't know if this is more like some freaky religious cult or wargamer support group. It's gonna get kind of boring around here once everyone actually has the game. Then we'll be reduced to talking about boring stuff like playing CM.

Once I get it, is there a good forum around here to find PBEM opponents?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MiGod, man, are you kidding?! Boring, never. After Everyone has the game, then the next round of 'Wait a Minute'/'I Want'/'I Thought That' round of posts begin. And, when people get past that first round of satiation regarding 'having' CM has passed, and the corresponding 'but what about' and 'this should be tweaked' posts have passed, then there will be the whole 'you know, in CM2 Ost Front, I think...' posts. Not to mention the smack, crack, and gibberish from all over the entire World to take into account that has nothing to do with the game, direct.

And I can't imagine you'll ever regret ordering the game.

But should you so, sirrah, then I and my loyal servitors and retainers shall ride our steeds to your castle, and I shall plant my gage at your feet, say whoever what shall! (The last to be said in a loud, theatrical, and booming voice...totally out of keeping, I might add, with my short stature...) smile.gif

The last part of my post is the direct influence of finishing Henryk Sienkiewicz's "Teutonic Knights". Sienkiewicz is kind of like a Polish cross between Sir Walter Scott and Alexandre Dumas, but better... smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.