Crew Survival-- too many??

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Basically, in CM terms, about 75% of each crew SHOULD survive their tank being hit. If the explosion is catastrophic then the odds of them all dying ar higher obviously but basically people are expecting too many crew casualties due to other games/incorrect understandings of history.

Most of the the time most of the crews got out of most of the tanks.

That's the rule of thumb you should remember.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well something that may need to be considered for change in CM2, the Soviets,lost over 280,000 tank crewmen & women, from June 22,1941 to Sept 3 1945.

Most Soviet crews did not get out of their tanks, T-34's had a very low crew survivability rate after 1942.

IS-2 crews had a better survival rate with about 30% fewer losses to crews.

Regards, John Waters

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 07-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 07-28-2000).]

I'm not sure about this and I have no personal experience of WW II but I think the way BTS has modeled the crews and their bail outs and what they can do have the the bail out (especially with the brittleness and low spotting ability in v1.03) makes the game and the way it plays SEEM very realistic to me and it is STILL very fun and adictive.

The armour penentration modeling is in my opninion EXCELLENT as the aspect of the tank that is hit always seems to be correctly modeled and flank shots and rear shot always seem to have a greater chance of penetration to KO the vehicle.

I think this game is every wargamers dream come true.

Great Work Steve and Charles.

Of Topic I know...

Spoiler ALERT......

But Last nigh tmy friend and I played "Night at Cheneux" and won with 71% (Allied Major Victory) as the Allies, it was our first time on that scenario so it was Blind.

Don't read any further if you don't want to know spoiler info..

Anyway... A little AAR

In the final two minutes of the the scenario we ordered an Elite full strength, (happy and healthy) Paratroop squad to close assault a the one remaining Panther that our Jackson's did not get. We ended up with one imbolized Jackson and One Mobile without a main gun and having ko'd one Panther we were in a stand off with his remaining Panther. We fired rifles at it and it buttoned up then in the fog and in the dark the Elite Paratroops single handidly (without even taking a casuality) presumably crawled all over it (there were 10 of them) and in the final minute with only rifles and a BAR kept hammering at it until it came up as KO'd! (We aren't stupid, we did order them to sneak up on it and attack it from the rear and it did not have any other german infantry supporting it)

None of them were injured and my friend and I couldn't beleive it but we were thrilled!

Headline Reads:

U.S. Para's Knock Out German Monster Tank (Panther) in the Fog at night in Cheneux!

(Moral of the story, watch out for Elite Paratroops at night in the FOG, they can be VERY deadly)

Now that was FUN!

-tom w