Need a little Tech help

This my first post to this forum, although I've been reading post here all summer long.

CM is one of the best games I have ever played.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask for technical support, but here it goes: After playing a medium or larger map for five minutes or longer, my computer has a habbit of freezing the game (hitting the escape key allows me to return to the desktop). Then I relaunch the game, and after another five to ten minutes my computer will lock up completely. I'm running Windows 98 se, a TNT2 Pro (with the new 6.18 drivers), an SB Live card and 256 MB RAM and 95% resources free. Also, I've had this problem (on occasion)with the demo on my Mac, but I haven't tried the full game yet. (and for those who I know will ask- this is a legit copy, NOT warez)

Thanks for your help, and you will probably see more of my post in the future. LONG LIVE CM!

------------------

As the bumper sticker says: "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!"

Hi Arrow and welcome!

Not sure what your problem might be. There is a Tech Support forum for CM. You can get there by the link at the top of this forum. You could also use the search function to search that forum.

Anyway, I logged in there and found about 48 threads that dealt with lockups...

Maybe it's when the game is attempting to access the CD-ROM for some file?

Best of Luck!