My confession

Hello, my name is Marc-Étienne and I am a lurker.

To my defence, I will submit that I don't post because I usually don't have anything to say that has not been said before. But in order to push back the JP posts that I think have outlived their usefulness, I will make an exception. Let me introduce myself:

I am a 20 year-old Quebecer. I'm not a grognard nor a veteran and thus know nothing about specifications. I've just ordered my copy after wearing out the demo (but it's the Alpha AAR that really hooked me. I can't wait for the movie! wink.gif ). I prefer playing the Allies. I can't wait for a replay of the whole battle and emphatically support a hull-down move. I don't care for a roster but don't see what the big deal is. I won't use TCP/IP. But then again, with my schedule, I probably won't use PBEM much either.

It's too bad too. I was looking forward to posting my dreaded 21-smiley salute in the Peng thread as a display of respect to my future fallen opponents (yes, all two of them smile.gif ). BTW, can that thread still be used for that? Or is it all about various rodents now? I'm a bit out of touch...

OK, so I guess I should ask at least one more or less relevant question. I understand that "Amis" is shorthand for "Americans". Do any of you know if it has any relation with the French word for "friends"? Just a silly question...

Oh, and CM is the greatest game ever! All right, now I'm ready for assimilation. But I fully expect to gain the tactical knowledge of the whole collective!

(-Collective, this is unit Sicard. Am out of hamsters. How do you stop a platoon of KTs with a bazooka team and half a broken squad?

-Resistance is futile, unit Sicard. You will be exterminated.

-Rats. wink.gif )

------------------

"We'll fight you 'till Hell freezes over. Then we'll fight you on the ice."

[This message has been edited by Marc E. Sicard (edited 09-04-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc E. Sicard:

Hello, my name is Marc-Étienne and I am a lurker.

It's too bad too. I was looking forward to posting my dreaded 21-smiley salute in the Peng thread as a display of respect to my future fallen opponents (yes, all two of them smile.gif ). BTW, can that thread still be used for that? Or is it all about various rodents now? I'm a bit out of touch...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome, Marc. Stop by the Peng thread anytime, and just insult some of the feeble inhabitants! When your schedule permits you can probably get a game there. The rodent thing is dying down a bit, and it's reverting more to excuses and name-calling (all in the best and most approved Cesspool style wink.gif ).

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.