Operation Mortain (again)

(Didn't get any response in the other Forum)

Are all operations based on position? In Operation Mortain the description of the scenario is that you need to get to a certain section of the map but there are no exit flags on the first map. Should I be pushing my force as fast as possible while ignoring all enemies on the flanks or do I have to take care of them as well; since I won't be able to progress down the road to the next section of map because they have positions behind me.

Well you're supposed to push the enemy back as fast as possible.

In practice sneaking past them does the trick also.

But you'd better kill them while you can.

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Well you're supposed to push the enemy back as fast as possible.

In practice sneaking past them does the trick also.

But you'd better kill them while you can.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is how it works in all advance operations. There have been lots of suggestions about how to improve the lack of feedback on operational progress, but for now, you just wanna keep rolling as best you can!

Rob/1, he did post this question in the Scenario Forum on the 13th, but never got a reply. Cases like this I have no problem with cross-posting.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

Oh, they reappear then? (I guess that makes sense actually) It's like I have my entire force near the furthest edge of the map but then discover several platoons of enemies way behind me (half way back on the map). I think they should have used exit flags for this operation since that's really what the real situation was supposed be, no? I guess I'll have to play this one in a more conventional manner then. I envisioned it as one where the defender has different forces on each map - still not used to these operations.

Sometimes forces caught behind the lines are left there in their own isolated setup area. Usually, they will just be forced back to the normal setup area with the rest of their buddies.

I think the reason there can be no exit flags is due to the fact that the operations maps are not a series of separate maps (like CC), but rather a large map where you only see a portion of it in each battle. Kind of like the way you see only a portion of a large web page in your browser, but can use the slider bar to see the rest.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb wink.gif

[This message has been edited by IntelWeenie (edited 08-24-2000).]