Mac PBEM nit

Hi -

First time poster, long time lurker and I have come up empty on the search.

I've noticed a strange PBEM file name quirk while playing on my Mac: I can specify

any name I want in the dialog (eg, CM.vt.5.18)but when I go to the PBEM folder the name is CM.vt.txt. Everything after the second dot is replaced by txt. I realize I can get around this by changing my file naming convention but I like the one I've chosen. Perhaps this feature could be disabled in the upcoming patch and the name I actually typed could be used to create the file.

Thanks for listening.

------------------

- Hank

Guest tom w

As a Mac user you should know that in order for files to be completely compatible with the Windoze environment a "dot three letter " extension is required, that extension is .txt and it MUST be there so windoze boxes will KNOW it is a text file. The CM is Combat Mission and the .vt is the scenario.

The ONLY thing you should change (if any) is the cm in front of the .vt.txt to maintain compatibility with windoze.

ok?

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hank:

Hi -

First time poster, long time lurker and I have come up empty on the search.

I've noticed a strange PBEM file name quirk while playing on my Mac: I can specify

any name I want in the dialog (eg, CM.vt.5.18)but when I go to the PBEM folder the name is CM.vt.txt. Everything after the second dot is replaced by txt. I realize I can get around this by changing my file naming convention but I like the one I've chosen. Perhaps this feature could be disabled in the upcoming patch and the name I actually typed could be used to create the file.

Thanks for listening.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>