I never want to be the 1st one to say I'm sorry... :D

Guest Captain Foobar

Guest Captain Foobar

OK guys,

Is there any penalty,in the AAR scorekeeping, attached to the player who REQUESTS the cease-fire?

Other than the obvious self-esteem hit, for being too much of a wuss to continue... smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

No, there is no penalty. The other side can, of course, not accept it. We felt that this was enough as the other side shouldn't accept unless they feel they can't continue the fight in order to better their current position. If it is a matter of "can we just call it quits", there is no easy answer for this one.

Fionn and I did this when we played and I certainly could have bettered my position if we has continued, but I really didn't see the point. So far as I could tell I had slighthly beaten him. He asked for a cease fire based on the same assumption (i.e. it was only going to get worse for him). As it turned out the score did not reflect a victory for me and in theory I wish we had played it out. But when looking at the final positions and strengths we pretty much agreed that it was a tough call to make. I think I could have squeaked out a Minor Allied Victory, but only by a handful of points. So we agreed it was really a Draw (I think it was scored Minor Axis Victory?). I think this is really the only thing that can be done.

Steve

Yes, it ended up being scored a Minor Axis victory (I was Axis) but it was obvious to both of us that the only thing left for me to do was conduct a fighting withdrawal leaving the VLs in Steve's hands at that stage which would have given him at least a draw and at best a minor victory of his own so on the balance we called it a draw and are BOTH lusting for vengeance and a major victory against the other still wink.gif.

Steve, Fionn and outhers you got it all wrong.

When one side have lost alot of units and the moral have dropped to 25 % of the bar the battle stop automaticly. The next battle the "loser" have only one VL(but with full force).

If you have questions mail ATOMIC !

smile.gif

Hmm, that'd be the game in which we got a draw right Bil? The one which followed two rather crushing total anihilations of your forces?

So, what's the record again of your games against me?

Let's see, no wins, 1 draw and umm is it four or is it five losses? I forget exactly how many times my steel-toed boots have crushed you wink.gif.

(All in good fun.) Seriously though Bil's a tough opponent and is definitely getting used to my style. It isn't knocking him back on his heels as much as it used to (remember our first pBEM Bil ? wink.gif... You haven't had any total fiascos like that since then.. )

All in all any loss you learn from isn't a serious loss and Bil learns quickly (too damn quickly for my liking wink.gif ).

Fionn are we talking about the same game?

You were attacking a town that I held, your troops couldn't keep a foot hold in any building for longer than a minute at a time, and that only happened twice.

Sure your artillery and tank fire took a heavy toll. But who's attacks withered in front of my concentrated fire again and again?

Your forces limped back into the woods, I held my objective, and annihalated your force so it was no longer viable. I held every objective, and was still in a position to defend.

The point score was 55-45 (my favour) which is scored a draw in the game, but in reality, if we are going by objectives won and lost, we know who really won that game, don't we?

smile.gif

Oh, and as for the record:

1 win (how easily we forget that one), 1 draw (this game), and two losses.

Was that win my tankfest scenario Bil ? (The one that wasn't balanced yet ? LOL )

Hey BTW I'm gonna update it.. I'm gonna give the US some Pershings cause I figured it was unfair to only have Sherman 75s fighting JagdTigers (got 3 of your jagdtigers though wink.gif )..

Do you want a rematch when I make the final and balanced version ? wink.gif

Ps. Where's my DYO scenario PBEM file Bil? I'm waiting impatiently to kill some more of your tanks wink.gif.

LOL. Yeah that was it.

You know I love your tendency to exaggerate. You were fighting with 75's because all of your 76's had been killed off... or did you forget that too? I believe I only lost one JT in that one. You did do real well against my KT's and Tigers though, that I will give you.

As for a rematch... sure smile.gif