Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Anyway to make your troops NOT shoot?

I like to set up "fun" maps where things I make up happen. For example I had this one map where it was a small town. A river ran through it and the main road through the center of the town crossed this river. What I did was I put mines on that crossing and put my American bazookas in the surrounding buildings. (3 or 4 of em). Then I also played as the Germans to make sure that they would go where I wanted them to smile.gif The german force was only armor. What I wanted was for the Tiger to go on the mines, blow up and get stuck. Then he would cause all the armor behind him to back up and stop. Then all the bazookas waiting in the houses would finally shoot out of the windows and destroy all the helpless armor. Anyways it sounds more complicated then it is.

Now here is the problem/question. Is there ANY way to make sure your troops do not fire? My bazookas always turn around and start firing through the windows before the german armor makes it to the bridge. Ive tried hiding them, putting ambush icons ahead of the bridge. Nothing works. Any ideas?

------------------

¤§ïѤ

The "hide" command works to a degree based upon the level of experience and the proximity to C&C.

The better the troops and if they are under C&C, the more likely they'll hold their fire. But, even with good experience, if the enemy wanders into a good kill zone, they might well open fire.

------------------

K.I.T.D.

F.O.H.S.

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 07-09-2000).]

hmm but that dosnt explain why they didnt wait till the tanks got in the ambush zone. I made one right on the bridge. I read somewhere something about how the HQ has to make the ambush point. Could this have been the problem?

One alternative is to keep the Bazooka teams in the rear half of the building hidden and out of los to the fron. Then, when the tanks are right where you want (or after the first has hit the mine) move them up to the edge of the buildings and into LOS. Just one idea. Of course, you'll have to have someone else observing...

EZ

My guess (only a guess) is that the Allies don't get pillboxes in CMBO (key being June 1944 and beyond) because they were usually on the offensive. Many of the pillboxes were actually part a of a larger defensive complex, and so took quite a while to build. Not much time for the allies to build complex defensive structures in the Battle of the Bulge...

It WOULD be cool to have them, though, to allow one to simulate the Allies occupying abandoned bunkers.