Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

This Forum

Guest PeterNZ

Guest PeterNZ

Well, I think that we really need to start thinking about dividing the forum's up a bit!

what about it BTS? At the moment things are posted and scroll through so quick, unless I read it once every 12 hours I totally miss large parts of this forum. And just imagine what it will be like when it's published and reviews spread across the net!

I propose:

- General

- History

- Scenario Design

- Technical/Bugs

what do you lot think?

PeterNZ

------------------

.C O M B A T. .V I S I O N.

* Film From The Front *

http://combatvision.panzershark.com/

Guest Captain Foobar

yeah, after the gold arrived, i'v efound it unmanagable myself.....

im dodging spoilers like crazy.....

Well, it kind of went through this when the beta was released.

The threads will stabilize after awhile. But a scenario thread makes some sense...

We're gonna want SPOILER in the HEADER when the game ships.

There will be a lot of newbies (y'know, the cash-paying customers who guarantee there will be many future CMs to come, but don't know the ins and outs) here. Flaming them is the worst thing we can do. They're not going to "search" until barked at... where's that FAQ?

Guest ChrisC1009

I like the idea of a scenario board and a tech support board. My guess is BTS has something like that planned once they get time. Right now they're still knee deep in aligators.

The best thing would be to just close this forum, and move the whole thing to Usenet. These webboards are too slow, and completely useless for anything this big and active.

Guest MantaRay

Well G2A, it seems that your theroy is wrong, as there are 45K+ posts and a lot of good reading inside if you look. There are even quite a few bad posts in here, so really no different than USENET.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Guest Big Time Software

Move the whole thing to USENET? Never gunna happen smile.gif One HUGE benefit of this BBS is that all of the answers are kept online and can be easily found using SEARCH. Plus, USENET isn't going to solve the volume of posts at all.

Yeah, I think we are going to have to split things up. Even though the BBS will calm down again (like MarkIV stated), it would be good to at least get the TechSupport aspect out of here. Problem is that people have a tendency to not pay much attention to dividing lines and then you get a mess in two spots instead of one smile.gif

But we are thinking about it!

Steve

I never said there's anything wrong with the content here. It's the speed of a web board that's the problem. To check for new articles, I have to go back to the main forum page and "refresh like a monkey". wink.gif This takes a while. There is also a lot of HTML junk that has to be reloaded and redrawn everytime I do something.

I didn't say the volume is a problem, just that a web board can't handle it in a good way.

The archiving may be a good argument against Usenet, but I still think News is the way to go.

Get yourselves a News server, then the forum will be easier to read, and you can store old posts for as long as you want.

As usual Petie has posted brilliantly, and scum like me are not worthy to lick the bottoms of his boots.

HOWEVER, I most humbly ask his eminence, "and where the freak does taunting fit in to your uberlist of topics?"

Seriously, I'm not a grog, have no technical problems, want nothing added or subtracted from the game, not a sick-o-fant, too lazy/dumb to design my own, and don't give a rat's arse about much of anything except killing and being killed and then bragging about it or not (depending, of course, on whether I am the killer or killee). Damn! I guess I don't really belong here.

Peng - alone again, naturally.

------------------

Peng sez "die a lot now."