game minimising to desktop for no apparent reason

In the last few days,ive had occasions when playing CMBO when the screen has minimised leaving me back on my windows desktop.This can happen even when no key presses are being made.I know you will say "just maximise it again",but i have a voodoo5500 in my machine and there is a well known problem when minimising using "esc"and then maximising,as the text gets horribly corrupted.The same thing happens after I maximise from these random drops back into desktop.It only happens now and again but usually at a very inconvenient moment,and the only solution is to exit the game and restart again.Its possible that a recent mod has altered something but ive installed so many recently that i dont want to uninstall them all to find the offender if i dont have to.Any clues anyone?I did try a search but it didnt throw up anything

Guest captain,ro

i have had this problem also. when im playing pbems(i have several going on)i hit esc to go to my mail center, when i come back to CM my puter shuts the game off.

this is really furstrating when your trying to setup a new game and lose everything that you have done and have to start over. no big deal when your taking a turn, ya just reload the file (after you restart the game)it just pi$$e$ me off when it happens after ive spent two hrs on a 3000 point game doing setup. dont figger ok done

capt ro

prier planing prevents piss poor preformace

AOL AIM, Outlook reminders, ICQ, ect. can steal away the focus of the PC back to the desktop. Your best bet is to make sure you don't have any other programs running while playing CMBO. I know this can be frustrating -- I don't have the garbled screen problem at work, but at home, if I'm in the game screen and I hit escape, the colors and display are completely screwed up. I think, as you said, it's a function of how the video card reacts with it, and nothing can be done about it, except to take action to make sure that nothing else is running.

I notice the same thing when I delete PBEMs from my file dialog box.

As soon as I press the Delete key, CM minimizes and all I see is the list of files.

confused.gif

Sorry I forgot to mention: Am using Windows95.

[This message has been edited by patboivin (edited 10-09-2000).]

my pc/cm does it when it runs out of shadow ram memo ability on the C: drive.

however, since I have a totally decrepit non-3D 4MB VGA card I have no problems reentering the game smile.gif

try cleaning your cache and empty your paper basket, it helps me, maybe it helps you too.

------------------

"Say i think u all need to chill out." (GAZ_NZ)