need a little help Major

pkpowers

Thanks for your support in the past and making a great game. My problem is that the text in Tacops has been changed by the installation of another program. I restored the registry and reinstalled Tacops4 to no avail. For some reason

I believe the arial font was replaced(?) I have check all my other programs and Tacops appears the only one where the text changed. Not a big problem, but I want my old Tacops4:)

Thanks for any help sir..

Phil K. Powers

I have not heard that one before. Some suggestions are below but if the other program that you mentioned has thoroughly hosed the default settings for Windows you may end up having to reinstall Windows.

TacOps does not install any fonts or anything else into the Windows system folders. It also doesn't do anything to the registry beyond the minimum standard entries necessary to be recoginized by the Windows Start menu feature and the Windows uninstall feature.

TacOps cooperatively accepts whatever the user has specified as his preferred default Windows system fonts and color schemes (or in your case perhaps what another program has rudely decided without consulting you).

So, if something has changed your default system settings then you must look to changing them rather than changing TacOps.

The first thing to try is to simply shut down Windows and your computer and then reboot.

If that doesn't work then ...

Right click on an empty place on your Widnows desktop screen. When the popup menu appears, select "properties".

When the "Display Properties" window appears, examine and experiment with changing the basic settings in this window. For example, on my PC this window shows the following settings.

Windows and button -> "Windows Classic Style".

Color scheme -> Windows Standard.

Font size -> Normal.

If that does not restore things then click on the "Advanced" button in that window and experiment with the options in the "Advanced Appearance" window. Note that the "Item" box in this window enables you to change defaults for many standard window and button features.