Sound effects revisited

Hi BTS,

Some time ago I posted whether CM would use my super-duper surround sound enviromental speaker system.

From playing the demo the sounds are already absolutely amazing but I'm not getting a 3d effect (i.e. placing my camera in the middle of a barrage and hearing shells explode behind me).

At the time I first asked it wasn't sure whether 3D sounds were in but it was being worked on.

Any new on this?

Any of the Beta testers noticed a change in the sound effects from the available demo to the level of code they now have?

Happy New Year to everybody

Cheers

Tony

P.s. My reason for wanting the game ASAP (apart from I can't wait to play it)...

My Missus keeps nagging me when the game with

'her name' is going to be available.

No answer needed just wanted to let you know the hassle I'm getting and that even people who won't be playing the game are waiting on tenterhooks.

All I can say is that 3D sounds are in now. I thought they were in the beta demo but I'm not 100% sure.

My advice is to check ur system and make sure you have surround sounds enabled etc.

If firing comes from behind my POV in the game then I hear it from behind me so it is in now anyways.

Thanks Fionn,

I actually used the speakers for weeks thinking 'bloody hell, this is an improvement over the Amiga' until I realised I hadn't even turned surround sound on.

I'm pretty sure everything is set-up OK and the speakers are well positioned. Replaying games like Driver and Rally Championship have the desired 3D effect.

Maybe the amount of simultaneous sounds in the demo as engagement is pretty universal is

making it hard to pick out individual sounds and directions.

I'll try it again setting up an MG behind me and shooting at something non-descript and see what happens.

Cheers

Tony

Guest TOBRUK

I found that MGs are too numerous and noisy to tell for sure. But I do know that with the camera in mid field I can hear the subtle 'thump' of mortars being fired from some distance behind me.

That makes the sound system pretty good IMO. biggrin.gif

I checked last night and there does seem to

be directional sound in the demo but things tend to hot up very quickly which adds to

the noise confusion.

I was probably expecting too much as BTS have already said they're pushing the available sound channels to the max.

Thanks everybody for checking it out.

Tony