Black screen

Ok guys, i need your help...

I posted this problem of mine a while back but it got lost in the Gold rush. My problem is that i can't see anything in the text screens. All i get is solid black.

This means i can't access the hotkey commands, the unit stats, re-inforcements have arrived, etc...

I have a Gateway 2000, P2-233, 160mb Ram. Everything else about the game works fine.

I am open to any suggestions, please help.

Thank you

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"

Guest Scott Clinton

Check the Gateway site for drivers, if they don't have anything check the video card maker...then as a last resort check the chip maker.

But the further you go back the supply chain the less and less compatible the drivers may be for your specific PC. Most times its not an issue, but sometimes it can be a problem if you use anyone other than the PC's final manufacturer.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Black Sabot, since you have a Gateway computer, you most likely have an ATI video card of some sort. (You can get others from them, but unless you specifically order one, you usually end up with an ATI card.) If it is an ATI card, you're possibly dealing with a Mach64 or Rage variation, since they shipped alot of those cards in their PII-233 pc's.

Regardless of the actual model, if it's an ATI card, you really should consider an upgrade. ATI cards are decent, 'low end' cards with some not always performing properly with 3d stuff and no driver update will fix that. (There are numerous, cheap cards you could get that would be a major improvement over an older ATI card.)

Anyway, you'll need to know what card you have from Gateway. It's easy enough to find out, just pop the cover. (Don't look at your Gateway shipping invoice as they rarely ever list the correct model card on this.) You will most likely be able to see the actual video chipset itself, which should show the name/model. Worst case scenario is you find the Gateway part number off the sticker on the video card and match it up to the part numbers listed on the drivers pages listed below.

Once you know the card, goto this site to find the drivers:

http://www.gateway.com/support/product/drivers/index.shtml

Or to cut to the chase goto:

http://www.gateway.com/support/product/drivers/video/index.shtml

You can try to use the manufacturers reference drivers, but generally it's best to use driver from Gateway.

Hope you get it going.

Thanx guys,

I'll see what i can do when i get home tonight.

Sniperscope,

I'm almost certain i sent you the latest and greatest. Check the e-mail file labeled "i'll crush you like a roach" or "Ooops, guess you didn't need that third Stug". If not i'll re-send tonite.

Are you up for a marathon session of CE? I'm brewing a pot of Cuban coffee when i get home biggrin.gif

ZZZZZZIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"