New Ones Coming Soon

The newest Boots N' Tracks web page edition will be out before the weekend on the Wild Bill's Raider page.

http://wbr.thegamers.net

It includes four brand new scenarios, all done by guest designers and thoroughly tested by the CM Raiders, nearly all of whom are members of the CM Beta Team.

This is a nice selection of battles. I think you will want to have them all. They include:

Point du Hoc

Clervaux

Parker's Crossroads

Hurtgen Forest

In addition, I'll be posting two new scenarios designed especially for PBEM play in the Scenario Depot at Madmatt's website for CM.

http://combathq.thegamers.net

They will be:

"The Wrong Hill" and,

"A Second Job."

The first is a tank heavy battle of action on Hill 140 between Canadians and German forces under "Panzermeyer."

The second is rather unique. Few scenarios deal with the common close in city fighting that was often the case in WW2 in Europe.

It has that tense feel to it and you scurry from doorway to doorway, always fearful of a sniper's bullet, or a hand grenade thrown from a window.

There will be some armor in support.

So keep watching for this new bevy of scenarios. They'll all be out and ready for you before the weekend. And more is on the way, including a new operation: "Cut Off"

3 battles, lots of tanks...

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Ok you asked hahaha.......I kicked the pants off of my little brother, SS Peiper. Everytime he tried something I had something there ready for him. We played the scenario for about 6 hours before he raised the white flag. We were playing for the rights to the German forces. I am only making a general statement so as to give nothing away about the scenario. Close quarter fighting rocks.

Danger seemed to be everywhere.

sniperscope

It would be easier, Howard, that is why we don't do it biggrin.gif

No, seriously, they could be packaged into one package, but its changing all the time, and folks wanting a new one would not want to download scenarios he already had.

About the only time I package a series of scenarios is when they are a series. For example, if I did a series on 21st Panzer Division, June-July 44, five scenarios. After publishing the individual scenarios, I would create a Pz21Div.zip file with all five scenarios.

Other than that, you just have to bite the bullet, I'm afraid! rolleyes.gif

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest SS Peiper

Wild Bill all I have to say is

When everyone is disloyal, we will stay true,

So that there is always a standard-bearer for you on earth

You comarades of our yourth, reflections of a better age,

Who ordained us to manly virtuousness and a patriot's death.

When all our brothers are silent.....

We will stand true.

SS Peiper

oh yea sniper kick my butt, oh well lets start a new one mad.gif

[This message has been edited by SS Peiper (edited 07-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SS Peiper (edited 07-25-2000).]

Nobility and loyalty do not come with age, they come through character.

And its good to have the youth who will take up the banner holding it high and proudly. I think it will always be that way.

You and your brother will do well. When you are ready to kick his butt, I am sure you will put forth your best effort wink.gif

Good luck to both of you!...The pontificating Kunel!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

billw@matrixgames.com

Sniper,

You get my setup? Im looking forward to doing a "second job" on you. [grin]

------------------

As I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear nothing, for I am the meanest mother*#*#** in the valley. (George S. Patton)

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Keep 'em coming. I'm just about ready to move on from the scenarios that shipped and try some new ones.

------------------

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called MR. Evil." Dr. Evil