Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

FIELD GUNS..........AT///AP etc

I wast to know a SPOT-ON srategy that lets your AT or AP guns last more than 5 turns without incurring the WRATH of ARTILLERY and getting blown to hell...

As well, and im not sure how often it was done but were there not gun houses/barns etc... Should'nt we be able to place our guns in certain houses or barns etc... for more protection and AMBUSH capabilities..???

Im mean just because it was enabled in the CC series does'nt have to mean it should be in this game...All im saying is if it was in fact a common or rare occurance to warrant it being in this game.....???

YOUR OPINIONS are welcome...

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

Guns in buildings during setup should definitely be allowed IMO.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, if you strictly limit their field of fire. But it was a sufficiently rare thing (so far as I know) that if it becomes a major pain to write the code, I'd say give it a pass. Nearly all the photos I've seen have the AT guns *outside* of buildings, including in urban setting where there are plenty of buildings to put them in had they wanted to. My guess is that there usually wasn't time to open a hole in the wall to manhandle the gun through, or there wasn't a building that gave a good field of fire. In fact, the only buildings I can recall off hand on the Western Front that had guns in them were some of the pre-existing seafront buildings along the French coast that were integrated into the Atlantic Wall fortification system.

Michael