Floating Deads

I'm a newcommer to CM so I was a bit hesitant to post a message in this forum. I got CM a week ago and it's WONDERFUL but I saw an odd thing during my last play (I use v1.03) : I killed a German MG team located in the top floor of a building. Fearing a nasty surprise from the jerries I rubbled it. Unfortunately the icon of the dead German machine gunners remained on the now non-existing top floor. It was floating in the air in fact.

Some sugestions for CM2:

1. CM rubble seems too flat. Maybe BTS could add a generic rubble "building" (piles of ruble in fact) to substitute the present, too-flat rubble.

2. Please add at least one intermediate state between intact and rubbled buildings. It should be easy: the same building with no roofs and textures of intact walls substituted by textures of very damaged walls.

3. There was a Spanish division (250. Spanische Freiwilligen Infanterie Division, the so-called "Blue Division") fighting in Russia. It was dressed and equiped by the Germans but all men, from the commanding officer to the most humble soldier, were Spaniards. If you include Spanish voices for them, please, don't use South-American ones. To use voices with a South American accent for them is like using Prince Charles' accent for a Texan or Californian sergeant. Canarians (people from Canary Islands) are the sole Spaniards having an accent similar to the South-American ones but they were too few. If you must use them please don't use Mexicans, Argentinians or Cubans. Their accents is too strong and very different from the European accent.

IMHO CM is the best wargame ever made. Looking forward for CM2.

Sorry for my poor English. I'm still learning it.

Fernando J. Carrera Buil

Barcelona

Spain

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fernando:

If you must use them please don't use Mexicans, Argentinians orCubans. Their accents is too strong and very different from the European accent.

Fernando J. Carrera Buil

Barcelona

Spain<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DAMM!!! there went my 15 minutes of fame frown.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

[This message has been edited by Kingfish (edited 08-01-2000).]