CM2 Scenarios,Ops,Battles, wishlist.

Guest Silesian-jaeger

Jeff,

There is no schedule or release date of any kind for CM2 that i know of. However BTS just hired a few new guys and hinted that they were starting early work on vehicles/textures. My totally off-the-wall guess for CM2 is around this time next year.

-Ren

First and foremost, "Red Barricades" and/or "Tractor Works" operations. Thwey would make sense if in-building fight will * really * be improved (a sort of Stalingrad map in 3D with machineries, rubble and obstacles inside and outside the big complexes.

After this everything goes. "Manstein's Prize" (the race for the bridges on the Luga in 1941) and "State Farm 79" (both from Talonsoft's "East Front") come readly into mind as interesting and not too big scenarios. An "assault on Leningrad" operation would be cool, as anything during "Operation Typhoon", if weather rules are really improved to show the horror of the russian winter for unprotected German troops in '41.

Kursk is a must, I belive, as it is "Winter Storm" (as an operation).

The problem I see with the East Front is that battles and battlefields were often inherently bigger, and this would slightly blunt one of CM strength, i.e. manegeable battles that still have the feeling of being part of something important. On the russian front battlefields could be measured in kms by kms...

Regards,

Vincenzo Beretta

Milan - Italy

Guest Michael emrys

The advance of Army Group Center from the frontiers to Smolensk June-July, 1941. Should be a lot of good CM battles to be found there.

Michael

Guest barrold713

Thanks for the info about the T-35. I did a search for more information about this oddball tank and found some interesting data. The 9 crew spec is correct for the later version but the table I saw gave the earlier and more prevelant version a crew of 11 although it did not mention any support personnel.

I know the T-35 is not a major weapon of any significance but it always reminded me of the Soviet style of weaponry in regards to naval vessels. On my ship (USS Nimitz CVN-68) we used to see recon photos posted of the various ships encountered in our travels and they always seemed to have weapons sprouting from every available inch of deck space.

So what would I like to see in CM2? Everything possible and the flexibility that allows all the talented people out here to fill in the gaps.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

Guest barrold713

Thanks for the info about the T-35. I did a search for more information about this oddball tank and found some interesting data. The 9 crew spec is correct for the later version but the table I saw gave the earlier and more prevelant version a crew of 11 although it did not mention any support personnel.

I know the T-35 is not a major weapon of any significance but it always reminded me of the Soviet style of weaponry in regards to naval vessels. On my ship (USS Nimitz CVN-68) we used to see recon photos posted of the various ships encountered in our travels and they always seemed to have weapons sprouting from every available inch of deck space.

So what would I like to see in CM2? Everything possible and the flexibility that allows all the talented people out here to fill in the gaps.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin