Request- Additional Gamma Settings

A request for the BTS crew in a future patch,a way to crank up the gamma even more(way more) within the game.On my system(TNT2 32mb video card,POS princton monitor,DirectX 7.0a,5.22 drivers) even at the highest gamma setting within the game,it is way too dark in the night and weather scenarios to be enjoyable and the day ones are sometimes hard to see too.

Normally I could crank it up with gamma/brightness controls included with the video drivers,but CM refuses to accept this and defaults to the in-game setting.Some other games are like that also(Unreal Tournament and Shogun).

Thanks,

-Monkeybut

There is the "alt-G" method of adjusting the gamma within the game. There are five levels of gamma to chose from.

I'm currently running a Creative TNT2 Ultra and it is coming up fairly well in the gamma. However that is a subjective judgement. I haven't made any changes with 3Deep, but it is loading on my system.

The following URL is to Colorific's 3Deep, a gamma utility that comes with some video cards. This URL points to a beta tester form and eventual free download of the software.

http://www.ecolor.com/tsc/fieldtest/invitation.html

I've got the gamma turned to the highest in the game.TNT2 cards have a problem with some D3d games being too dark.I emailed NVidia tech support a while back and got the "contact your board manufactuer" statement and Creative said "contact Nvidia". frown.gif

3Deep came with my TNT2 card and I found it made everything too dark.I'll check out the link and try it out again.

Thanks,

Monkeybutt

[This message has been edited by Monkeybutt (edited 07-04-2000).]