SSnake compliments CM!

For those of you who don't know who SSnake is, he is involved in development of another great product called Steel Beasts. Steel Beast is a modern tank simulator developed by ESim. If you like simulations, do yourself a favor and get their demo. Real life tankers drool about it like we do about CM.

This is what SSnake said about CM over at SimHG.

Quote: "Combat Mission is a simulation, with the single different approach that it's not real time, but round based. Which is an inevitable consequence from the design decision to give the player total control about just any squad in a battalion sized battle. The incredible amount of detail taken into account by CM's designers sure is at least as high as in Steel Beasts, but maybe it's less visible."

CM is so good that even SimHQ will do a review. I saw this on their newspage.

- SimHQ Preview: It's not a sim, but it's got such direct control of units that it's not really a normal wargame game either. Whatever it is, Combat Mission breaks some new ground. We're working on a full review of this WWII ground combat game from Big Time Software / Battlefront.com,

I tip my hat to all of you guys involved with BTS and ESIM. You guys are making my gaming experience as good as possible with todays hardware limitations. I wish you all a lot of success and very, very long lives.

That's high praise indeed coming from someone helping to develop a first-rate "tank-sim" that also allows combined arms control options for the gamer.

Folks, I heartily second Paul's recommendation on the Steel Beasts demo, if you are also into tank sim games.