When your luck runs...

Had a most pleasant (for me anyway) "hotseat marathon" with Herr Bauhaus this evening (completed two scenarios). I have never seen such an incredible run of bad luck in my life. Here's a couple of examples.

Chance Encounter (Panzerschreck blanks): Of the numerous Panzerschreck shots taken, 1 sherman was hit from about 20m away for a crew casualty (then missed 3 times before machinegunning the schreck team) and 1 sherman was hit twice for 1 crew casualty.

Last Defence (Don't send boys to do a man's job): I had a platoon of SS run through a small woods where the americans had a platoon dug in an hidden in ambush. My platoon only had 10 men left after he sprung his trap without inflicting any losses. The 10 survivors stopped in their tracks to return fire. My 10 man platoon then occupied the foxholes left by the Americans as their 7 survivors routed to the rear.

So, when your luck runs out, it can run screaming biggrin.gif

try this.. Happened in a PBEM with Mattias which is still ongoing.

I suckered him into a nice Schreck ambush laid out in L formation. 3 schrecks.

They got 6 shots off on 2 Shermans and scored FOUR HITS FOR NO KILLS.. frown.gif

Bloody schrecks.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

No, it was Bauhaus. He couldn't get anything to work. He had two hull down StuGs that couldn't hit... and both got hit before they got second shots off. As I mentioned before, his shrecks would hit, but he couldn't get kills. In Last Defence his Hellcats died without taking out a single tank. 4 HTs drove through his bazooka ambush and he missed every shot. His beautiful ambush got destroyed by the 10 men remaining from the platoon he ambushed. The list goes on. After tonight, I think he's going to be looking for a new opponent. I have never seen luck run that bad for that long.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

No, it was Bauhaus. He couldn't get anything to work. He had two hull down StuGs that couldn't hit... and both got hit before they got second shots off. As I mentioned before, his shrecks would hit, but he couldn't get kills. In Last Defence his Hellcats died without taking out a single tank. 4 HTs drove through his bazooka ambush and he missed every shot. His beautiful ambush got destroyed by the 10 men remaining from the platoon he ambushed. The list goes on. After tonight, I think he's going to be looking for a new opponent. I have never seen luck run that bad for that long.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep it was me alright. I'm still reeling from the suckiness of my squads. I don't thinks dan even mentioned the two beautiful hunches that I played on his spotters. I couldn't figure out where they were so I guessed, and guessed right. Started to lay down mortar fire on a farm house only to have Berlichtingen anticipate my move. The house is getting crushed by mortar, only to my amazement did I see a little man running for his life from the house to escape. I had the same thing happen on another spotter in an open field, only to escape my mortar.

Fionn or Madmatt, I'd like to start up something along the line of heroes corner, only call it the "anti-heroes corner," or better yet, "If I were only a man corner," or even better, "I was such a wuss my testicles sucked up inside me corner." biggrin.gif

It's bad enough to do this on a PBEM, but when you're playing a hotseat and your opponent can sit across from you and openly taunt you. And taunting is something that Berlichtingen doesn't need to be encouraged at! tongue.gif