Perfect example of tactics.....Hatten and Rittershoffen

I did a little page for my grandfathers WW2 unit, it seems to be about the scale of a battle that we will see in CM!!!!

www.sparkplug.com/john/hatten

Check out the tactics at 1255 hours and 1415 hours!!! (Please,please,please Combat Mission designers, add these options before you release the game....lol)

(it loads a bit funny in Netscape,sorry I can't figure out why????)

Otto Mekanik

[This message has been edited by Otto Mekanik (edited 01-29-2000).]

Excellent story Otto ! I can't wait to read the end, please relieve me soon !!

One idea for the site to be a little better : get the maps centered on the left frame, and add some more precise plans ( Halten for example ).

Regards,

Magnus

"Seek" regarding Winter Storm, no I have not gotten it yet, but will double my efforts now that you mention a Hattan Chapter.

"Magnus" good idea on the left frame, but do you mean centered up and down or left and right?

Also, I'm not kidding when I say I don't have the rest of the story, my grandfather is in Florida and the content is in Maryland.

I do think the Magnoit Line is near, but I'm still trying to figure out how close?

I'm trying to find somebody on ICQ who lives near Hatten who would go there and take some current pictures of the village.

Otto

There is a good description from the German viewpoint in Panzer Commander written by Hans von Luck. He was commanding the German units in this battle. The Germans in fact had to cross through the Maginot Line to reach the villages. The impression from the book was that even though the fighting was brutal there was a great amount of respect between the combatants

Guest GriffinCheng

Otto,

I don't find any problems with Netscape. I am using Communicator 4.7 and it is fine. I check the page sources and it seems fine.

Otto,

About the pictures, I found them using a french search engine. I'll try to find more but it seems difficult and the best thing to do might be to contact the town hall ? They might have some archives overthere ?

Also, I found the Rainbow division veteran association website. There it is presented a book called the final Crisis ; seems it speak a little from Hatten. Find more here : http://www.rainbowvets.org/

Regards,

Olivier

Excellent site. One thing that I cannot help but wonder about... the Germans herding pigs to try and get them to run over and explode the daisy-chained anti-tank mines... While this is a horrible spectacle, I have also seen way to many Warner Brothers cartoons. What sort of Regalia would the Nazi Propagandists have created to go with the job. Mine clearing swineherds? Maybe an aristocratic pig with a monicle, a dueling scar, and a peg leg? And what about the allied machine gunners, as they fired away, shouting the cliched epithet, "Take that, Nazi swine!"

Kevin Christensen

Lawrence, KS

May I make a suggestion? This is an idea I was saving for a similar website project, but you're welcome to it.

How about updating the map with unit positions and such after clicking on a "time" link. For example, I click 2:00 and see the positions at 2:00 o'clock, etc.

Anyway, excellent project and good luck.

------------------

Floreat Jerboa !

Babra,

Great idea with the map, although I think I would need to get a detailed area or battle map, all I have is the text.

Magnus,

I went to my source file to find my original page design(to center the map) and found that I must have thrown it out when cleaning up files.....AAUUUGGhhhhh. (stupid me, stupid me) Or maybe it was German spies that hacked into my computer. I'll have to do some redesign work before I can change that.

Kevin,

I like how you think!!!!