CM Demo

Have been playing the demo a little now and I dont know if im missing something (probably so) but for example lets say if I dont issue the hide order to my 30.cal it starts open fire on the first unit it sees...(even Tiger tanks!!)...Im I suppose to hide all units in the beginning?...arent they less observing then?...or how can I unhide without the units shooting everything they see...I havent targeted any enemy units.

/Krille

Krille,

I generally do hide all but a very few troops in LD. If you want them to hold fire you can use a HQ unit to set an ambush very close to the unit you want not to shoot, and have that unit target the ambush. Then it will (usually) hold fire. Sometimes greenies and conscripts get a little trigger happy.

- Bill

I've been wondering about this too actually. To rephrase part of Krille's question, does anyone know if a unit's powers of observation suffers if given the Hide order. Is there a greater chance of not sighting an enemy or of misidentifying a enemy if a unit has a Hide order?

Guest Big Time Software

Yes, powers of observation do in fact suffer. But really only for targets at a distance. Close up stuff they won't miss.

Krille, we have tweaked the stuff you mentioned much since the demo. Things work much more like you expect them to right now wink.gif

Steve