Catastrophic House Explosion and The Miracle

While playing two PBEM games yesterday (man did the 4th of July get celebrated at my house, WAY too much CM)I noticed that now houses are subject to catastophic explosions. In one case 81mm Mortars caused it to occur to two houses, it looks like a nuke went off BTW. In the other case it was caused by a 105mm barrage and here's the weird part, the turn after the house was levelled ... it came back good as new.

Two questions, what's the rationale for having a house blow up that way? Ammo storage perhaps? And second, BTS do you want the movie of the explosion and resurrection of the house that came back?

Joe

Guest Madmatt

You guys gotta remember that I am the one the coined the phrase "Catastrophic Explosion" cause I thought it sounded cool and fit the scene.

The houses collapse like that cause it looks neat I would imagine.

I have no idea why the house reappeared. Do you have the autosave or saved game of this? If so you may want to senf it over to feedback@battlefront.com

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Collapsing houses can make a BIG mess! (watch "The Bridge at Remagen". It has a couple of good scenes where this happens)

On the subject of collapsing houses: does this (or could it in the future) create a hinderance to LOS from all the dust/debris? Same thing for arty fire in general?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You guys gotta remember that I am the one the coined the phrase "Catastrophic Explosion" cause I thought it sounded cool and fit the scene.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem, that explains it ... and it does look cool smile.gif

I do have the saved game and will send it to BTS, thanks Matt.

Joe