More Re Land Mine Placement

Alsatian:

Thanks for the info re mine placement. Given the mine fields' locked condition, why does CBM even bother to include them? They sure ain't useful where they have been placed. I could understand if they were placed by the "enemy" (in the scenario I'm playing, that would be the Americans). But they appear to be my mines. Had I place them, they would have been quite helpful. What am I missing?

Phil G.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I am missing something or am not understanding your question and I didn't see the last answer you got but I will try to explain what I know about them. In a scenario the person making the scenario places the mine according to where he wants them and you have no choose in the matter, even if he chooses to lock your mines which normally he wouldn't but I suppose he could for whatever reason then yes you have no choose. Now if you are talking about a QB or a map that you yourself create then you can place them wherever you want. If you want the AI to have mines and you are crateing your own map then you can choose to lock the mines where you want them placed but that's kind of like cheating but you can do it. Now if this doesn't help then maybe I am not understanding your problem.

• 5 weeks later...

To Lee: Icm 1947 RE: Mines

Thanks for the input. I've been traveling and thus not able to respond.

I am still confused. When I play "LeLorey A Hard Fight" (a scenario that comes with CBM) the land mines just seemed to be there in the set up phase when I play the Axis side (but not when I play the Allied side, which makes sense cause the Germans are defending and would use mines). But it did not seem possible to move the mines in the setup phase to what might appear to me to be more logical locations.

Can these mines (anti-personnel and anti-tank) be moved or not. If "yes", how?

Thanks again Lee.

Phil G.

In Le Lorey, the mines are locked in position. You cannot move them. That is the choice of the scenario designer. To find out why the scenario designer would do such a thing, you would have to find him and ask him, but one possible reason is that it is an historic scenario and the location of the minefields is historically acurate.

At setup, any unit, including minefields, that have orange bases are locked in position and cannot be moved.

Sometimes you just gotta play your cards the way they were dealt to you.

In Le Lorey, the mines are locked in position. You cannot move them. That is the choice of the scenario designer. To find out why the scenario designer would do such a thing, you would have to find him and ask him, but one possible reason is that it is an historic scenario and the location of the minefields is historically acurate.

At setup, any unit, including minefields, that have orange bases are locked in position and cannot be moved.

Sometimes you just gotta play your cards the way they were dealt to you.