A mortar barrage from hell

Yesterday I played a game of VOT as German against AI with +50% balance for the Amis.

I noticed that the AI troops were clumped in a small forest near the turn of the road. My 75mm AT gun forced the initial squads back while the rest of the troops advanced, resulting in terrilbe traffic jam in the scattered woods.

My company commander was positioned so that it could see in the forest and direct the fire of the two mortars. The result: after two turns of firing there were five "eliminated" markers in 20x20 meter area. After four turns of shooting, nine markers. At this point there were still targets in the area but the mortars run out of ammo.

In the end I lost with a minor defeat because one Sherman destroyed the Panther with one shot with a front upper hull hit.

- Tommi

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tss:

In the end I lost with a minor defeat because one Sherman destroyed the Panther with one shot with a front upper hull hit.

- Tommi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, I know how you feel... I played VoT the other day with the Axis up 150... The two Panthers got one-hit kills on 5 of my 6 Shermans... argh frown.gif