Halt command

Lets say your'e moving a Tiger down a road. You give him a move order long enough to last two turns. After the first turn, he comes under fire from an AT gun. Do you tell him to stop, rotate to the gun, and return fire? Or do you have him keep moving along just becuase that's what you told him to do the previous turn?

The key for halt is delete, BTW.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Delete eh? Man, I thought I pressed every single key looking for that! Must of missed that one.

Thanks 109 Gustav

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

It's used to cancel previously issued movement orders.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks I'll check it out. I'm sure I've always canceled movement commands with the backspace key. Wonder if it has to do with command delays.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gbaker59:

Thanks I'll check it out. I'm sure I've always canceled movement commands with the backspace key. Wonder if it has to do with command delays.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally, there are two ways to deal with Gustav's scenario - a halt, which deletes the entire movement, or variation of the existing orders (moving the waypoints and/or deleting them from the end). The disadvantage of a complete halt is that in order to them move, you suffer a command delay. Obviously, you have to weigh this against the advisability of continuing on your present path.

Command delays can be death for vehicles...

I had an M8 that could not race away from a MkIVG fast enough (you're welcome, PeterNZ).

My last few QBs in PBEM have taught me that...

Now I always try to plot past the end of the turn with a hunt in the general direction I intend to go...

Stop not, Delay not...

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...