Wargaming excellence/or Wargaming dead for PC HA! OT for fun

Hello all,

Well I've dropped every subscription to the three game mags I was receiving. I came to the conclusion that outside of William Trotter's columns they were all FPS,RPG whores.

Combat Mission deserves as many articles as any Quake game. Where's their mod coverage eh? Ba!

My only problem with Combat Mission...More time to play and create scenarios. Drat too much overtime makes johnny a dull boy.lol

Combat Mission covers my tactical wargame needs hands down. Sudden Strike?!? oh please...ok nice destroyed buildings I'll give em that.

My current line up:

Tac wargaming..........Combat Mission

Strategic..............Art of War

Fight sims.............Falcon 4

.......................CFS2

.......................Mig Alley

.......................B172-yea but look whats been done with Falcon 4!

Tank sims..............Panzer Elite

.......................Panzer Commander

Naval sims.............Fighting Steel

Looking forward to:

Combat Mission 2,3,4....

IL Sturmovik.. Oleg your smokin!

The rainy season for some much needed time off.

My thanks to the knowledgeable on this board. I lurk quite a bit and usually find more answers than I have questions for!

Note to Kitty:

Have you considered an Umpa Lumpa Mod?(Willy Wonka's orange helper's at the chocolate factory?) Imagine an Umpa Lumpa Blitzkrieg against those Hornswaglers from the west!!LOL

Alright I'm tired, getting WAY out there now.

(Flash back subsiding now, regains senses...)

Best wishes all

Galland0

At Computer Games (and , and comparisons of CM and West Front to current historical work. Our print mag doesn't have the room to include all of this stuff--it costs a lot to print and mail a magazine--but we do try with our print and online coverage to give wargaming its due. Hell, I've been gaming since around 1972. We have upcoming features on CM and other games, including Schwerpunkt's Russo-German War slated, so it might be worth your time to visit our, um, whorehouse. smile.gif

Galland0,

How is Fighting Steel? The reviews weren't very favorable back when it came out. Have they fixed most of the bugs? I tried the demo but wasn't too impressed. Could be the lack of directions with the demo. Just wondering if you thought it was worth $20 or should I wait for something better in the WWII naval arena? Thanks.