Gold Demo Problem

I've loaded the Gold Demo with no problem, but when I double-click on the CM demo icon to run the software my computer freezes. I have a 400 MHz with a 3fx video card and directx 7. I have also read the troubleshooting section of the demo. Please help!

Guest Big Time Software

Jim,

Make certain you've tried everything in the troubleshooting section (it sounds like you have). Above all, be totally sure you've got the very latest video drivers for your 3dfx card.

Also try fiddling with your graphics card and DirectX control panels. For example, one person reported needing to set his video card's refresh rate to "optimal". There's usually lots of stuff to tweak on 3dfx control panels.

Hope that helps,

Charles

Thanks Charles for your effort. I've tried to do some of those suggestions but to no avail. I don't understand why CM doesn't run when I didn't have any problems loading either Panzer Elite nor Hidden & Dangerous. I have a 3Dfx Voodoo Banshee AGP card with the most recent drive (at least the most recent one I can find).

I have such a small problem that i didn't think it needed it's own thread, so i borrowed Jim's...Thanx Jim smile.gif

When i hit the 'Hotkey' button all i get is a black screen (not blank, black).

The same for the 'Re-inforcement have arrived' notice.

I also cannot see thru houses when men are inside or smoke and it's my understanding that these would be transparant.

Other than that the game D/L and worked fine. One lock-up around turn 18 in CE is all i had to deal with smile.gif

Any suggestions on what i can do? I have not installed DirectX. Since my demo is working fine i choose to heed that old advice "If it aint broke, don't fix it" smile.gif