What we will ask BTS for in 1 year time

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Top ten Requests in one year time. (Anticipated)

Dear BTS, For the V 9.06 patch could we please have......

1) Clumps of grass are not realistic, could you please model each individual blade of grass because my Pentium 5 3.1 Ghz can handle it. We also need maps the size of France.

2) When my squads take casualties can you model each individual hit to the arm, leg or so on. And can we hear the sound file descibe the hit eg.(Medic, my bloody ear has been blown off!) And can our troops limp when hit in the leg?

3) Can you include a new secet unit called "A glass of shut the hell up!" especially for madmatt.

4) Can you model the troops to have emotional feelings. Cry out for mom, freak out, see tears run down their little faces and all that.

5) In the winter campaigns can you model the effects of cold on my troops - make them shiver and stamp their feet when standing still.

6) Can we have a slow motion movie file, so we can zoom in from the perspective of the round fired from a Sherman and follow that round across its trajectory smack into its target. Watching from just behined the round!

7) BTS When the hell is patch V 9.07 coming out??

8) Steve stop counting all your money and get on with CM 4.

9) Can we have squadrons of Lancaster bombers jettison their bombs on the battle field?

10) With the introduction of smell capability in Direct X 12 can you please remove the **** smell when that arty barrage hits my troops!

Any more future requests?

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Nice Joke thread!

The way some posts are going, you had better include the request for CM v10.0: "I want the off board artillery available on another map, so that I can send my air support after it. Then could we have a flight simulator sub game, so that I can fly interceptors to stop the other guy doing it to me. And can I have a naval sub-game, so I can send my E boats out to intercept the allied battleships. Oh, and for CM5, can we have space combat!"

I think that we should spend a little more time playing the fantastic game we've got, and a little less time asking BTS for mods, like kids in a toy shop! :)

------------------

The conception of such a plan was impossible for a man of Montgomery's innate caution...In fact, Montgomery's decision to mount the operation ...[Market Garden] was as startling as it would have been for an elderly and saintly Bishop suddenly to decide to take up safe breaking and begin on the Bank of England. (R.W.Thompson, Montgomery the Field Marshall)

I wish i could play the game, but it still has not arrived on my doorstep yet. Meanwhile i must amuse myself with the demo and this forum!

BTW, add one more - I read in another thread someone wanted to be able to drive over and squash infantry.......cool. This happened a lot on the eastern front - so hopefully it will be in for CM 2

CDIC

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918

I want that patch there was a need to drive over soldiers with your tank.

It was easy and you could spare ammo.

Actually the Tigerfibel (handbook for Tigercrews)says this on that subject:

Manner vom Tiger! Sparen!

Nutzt den dicken panzer aus!Ran!

Walzen ist billiger als MG!

MG ist billiger als kanone!

Henk

I know what! I want every aspect of the game distilled into a series of precise tables and numbers that's displayed on the map at all times and everytime I shoot I wanna see the dice rolling in the upper right hand corner. This will help remove the uncertainty and friction from the game which of course detracts from my experience. I want a little assistant or wizard to tell me what I should be thinking and do it for me at all time. I want a mulligan button that will take back any mistake I make since of course in RealLife I would never had made that mistake anyway and surely it's just a flaw in the programming that led me to the position where that mistake was made anyways.

And I think the game should ship with a free lawn chair so I can control everything in comfort and while your at it please include a coupon for a disount lifetime membership to the Type-A anal retentive rules lawyers society.

There we go that ought to satisfy about half the game playing population out there.

Los

P.s. Oh and I almost forgot, make it real time too....

ROTFLMAO

wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Los (edited 07-22-2000).]

A serious suggestion (which has probably been made before):

After CMs 2, 3, and 4 and their respective mods and patches are done...

...why not a generic DYO CM, so that other theater/war freaks can make their own armies, units, and battles?

The many plaintive threads on PTO, Korea, ACW, and other conflicts show the demand for something like this. Personally, I'd enjoy filling out fields in a unit data base that identified their movement and combat values, "painting" little polygonal figures in the appropriate period garb, and making my own CM for whatever war I wanted.

Some folks will get carried away or make hopelessly unrealistic armies- so what? They do that with scenarios now, and no harm done. Instead of a DYO scenario editor, a DYO war editor.

This probably isn't very realistic for the CM we have today but could certainly be a long-term project. The versions wouldn't interact with the "real" CM games, so you couldn't hack another 100mm of armor and an 88 onto your Sherman and whop your legitimate PBEM opponent.

Thus the dream of "CM: Beyond Fort Sumter" could be realized, and many more credit cards would our coffers fill.

Cool, or what?

• 2 weeks later...

How about buidings with real windows for firing out of and doors to enter and exit and proper stairs to climb.

And we will want Transform & Lighting for Ge-Force cards.

And when you shoot down aircraft can the plane crash to ground and the flight crew parachute to safety (Or behined enemy lines to be captured) and then be used like any other crew unit?

CDIC

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918