PBEM helper application now available

I made a program, which compresses and sends PBEM files automatically, and also decompresses the received files automatically into correct directories. It supports currently two programs:

Steel Panthers: World At War

Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord

Read the documentation and download instructions here:

http://www.sci.fi/~fuerte/pbem.htm

WARNING: This is the first public release. This program has not been tested thoroughly. Please post all problems and questions into this forum under this topic.

Enjoy! smile.gif

PBEM 1.0.65 is now available. Release notes:

Fixed: The time zone conversion was managed already by Info-Zip routines, so my routines just doubled the time difference. I removed the unnecessary code. smile.gif Funny that WinZip 8 and PKZip25 don’t understand different time zones.

If somebody is still wondering if you should try this, read the following comments from SPWAW forum:

"For those of you that haven't taken a look at this program and you run more than one pbem at a time, do yourself a huge favor. This is one sweet looking program, it's a 5 star folks. Fuerte followed KISS to the letter (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and that is the mark of a good program. I've come close to tearing out my hair in making sure I'm sending the right files many times, I thank you very very much."

All the bugs have now been fixed (hopefully), so go and download it. You won't regret.