Question about pauses

frag

Is there any reason why the pause are set to 15 seconds. It's kind of difficult to synchronise troup movement with this lapse of time between pauses. I think it will be much more easier to play with 5 seconds pauses jump instead of 15.

But, as a software engineer, I surely know that the 15 seconds in questions solve a lot more problem thant we think.

my guess is that BTS intentionally wanted to prevent too much micromanaging. In reality, orders were more general, and were carried out even more general. So to give them a certain pause is ok, but only in general increments, not down to the single second.

If you pay very close atention you will also note that the 15 seconds are just an approximation themselves, and the order might actually be carried out a few seconds earlier or later.

again, that's just what I think why they did it. personally I guess I'ld be fine with pauses down to the second as well, butI'm not specifically asking for it.

------------------

"All i hear is the Iron Cross sucks etc. " (GAZ_NZ)

my only problem with pauses is that I'd still like to be able to use them mid-turn. I can't see why it would be so unrealistic to tell your troops to "go up to that ridge, wait a few seconds and then go over" or "pop out of those trees, scan the ridgeline and shoot anything that moves (pause) and then pop back under cover."

------------------

"Well then private, it must be sh*t. Good thing we didn't step in it."

jadayne,

I know what you mean. However, there's an indirect way of doing it, a workaround; if you want a vehicle or squad to pause for any length of time during the turn before they resume their mission, I tell them to move/reverse (repeatedly on the spot if necessary) or crawl resp. before I give them the regular order again for resuming.

It takes some experience / practice to see how much crawling etc. a Pause translates into, but it works.

(but you had probably figured that workaround out on your own anyhow).

in principle that works, but what if you wanted them hiding, or locating enemy troops. Both of these actions are severely hampered if you're pacing back and forth on the battlefield counting to 15 mississippi.

Nothing major, just one of those little niggles that annoys me every now and then when my sherman gets popped because I couldn't get him to stand still for 15 seconds.

------------------

"Well then private, it must be sh*t. Good thing we didn't step in it."