OT - BTS' Other Games, who has 'em?

It ssems that a fair number of CM owners have BTS's earlier air games. Who else besides me?

I own all three - used to play some SPI board wargame that simulated jet warfare in 2D with altitude noted on a turn pad. It was in some ways similar to BTS' Flight Commander 2. That game influenced me to buy the next two - Over The Reich and Achtung Spitfire. BTS greatly improved the graphics, user interface, and gameplay as the series matured. At one point, I believe they stated that they were going to do a Pacific version of the series.

When I saw that BTS was developing ASL for Avalon Hill, I began to drool for I knew if anyone could pull it off, BTS could. I pre-ordered before playing the first demo (Sep 99), because of the excellent workmanship and design of their earlier games.

I'm glad Charles and Steve had a dream and succeeded in producing CM and selling it in sufficient copies to be able to expand the series. While I also really love the Eastern Front (yes, more than the West Front), I also very excited because I believe the trend of increasing quality and gameplay BTS displayed in their air games will be reflected in the CM series.

Now I playing CM every opportunity I get (when I'm not posting here) and am really loving it. I keep discovering nuances and details that I didn't see in the Gold Demo V1.00 (like everyone else except maybe Fionn and MadMatt). It's a great year for wargamers!

MadMatt - I hope you don't think I am imitating your UserName - actually I was awarded the nickname in 1972 as a result of my behavior during some exercises at Camp McKall, NC (McCall?, another sign of impending senility smile.gif) and because I once walked into a McDonald's wearing a S&W .357 on my hip after leaving a police range (The NC gun laws then allowed public carrying of weapons if you were licensed and the gun remained in your holster). My bud's harassed me a lot, decided I was nuts and gave me the nickname MadMerse. Hope no offense is taken!

Bob Mercer

------------------

"Next slide, next slide, you swine! Do you want to brief forever?" Apologies to Frederick the Great