spaaa

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Will SPAAA (self propelled anti aircraft artillery) be self acting? meaning will it automatically start firing at incomming aircraft, or do you have to tell it to be on air alert?

Like the 88's, if you are using them as anti armor, and a plane comes overhead will they automatically start firing at the plane?

Re-targetting is handled by the AI...

It'd be silly if you had to target planes yourself since you'd be helpless if one came on midway through a turn. The TacAI handles it.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

It might also be interesting to note that if an AA gun is firing at ground targets, it will take longer until it targets the incoming aircraft (and sometimes it might be too late). So if you hear airplanes coming, make sure your AA assets have no firing orders, in which case they will open fire as soon as they spot the Jabo.

Will there be a good way to keep your AA guns from acquiring new ground targets, but still be available to target air targets? Let's say the jabo isn't here yet, but my briefing has told me to expect 'em, and I don't want my 88 to start randomly targeting tanks my jagdtiger can take care of. Will hiding work? Will there be a separate order? Or is this just not possible?

-John

Guest Madmatt

Patience grasshoppers! I have over 35 MORE pictures in series to get posted! Do you really think I would have neglected to cover SPAAA's and their usage in detail!?! cool.gif

All will be revealed, ya just got to wait your turn. I believe you get to see some awesome AAA in action in part 3 but maybe I can be persuaded to bump a teaser pic or two into tonights offering! wink.gif

Madmatt...Getting it done, time and time again!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-05-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Hide order will keep AA units from engaging ground targets unless it is a matter of life and death.

Steve