Three issues with v1.1b24

Tris

1) I had a mortar crew that used it ammo and then was not allowed to move (i.e., no "Move" option appeared on its menu). It was not tired, shaken or anything like that.

2) None of my American infantry crews (machine guns, mortars, bazookas) are listed as having small arms and it appears to be the case that they refuse to defend themselves. I've noticed that one had a red target line drawn to an enemy squad a few meters away but my men never fired. Anyway, these people need to be equipped with sidearms at the least, and really, I think the reality is they'd find a rifle somewhere and pick it up if not actually carry a carbine into battle to begin with.

3) I've had several drops to desktop for no apparent reason--the game is still loaded, but the screen's minimized. With the first beta there was an issue here with ICQ disconnecting TCP/IP sessions, etc., which I duly reported formally--and I do not have ICQ loaded now when I play the game. Except for these last couple of desktop deals after my install of v1.1b24 everything's been stable.

Guest Madmatt

#1 I will look into the mortar team issue, haven't seen that before.

#2 Not a bug, please review many old discussions on this point.

#3 Fill out the Bug Report form and follow the directions on where and how to email the errolog.txt and other files to me for review.

Madmatt

I have had 2 drops to desktop also - both times though, I was connected to the internet. The 2nd time I was connected but the browser and email were both closed - I forgot to disconnect.

I will wait to see if I see it happen again without me being connected...

------------------

"Whoever had the choice, would choose an eagle's nest on the cliffs in place of a home. May he know how to sleep, though his eyes be red from the thunder, and listen to the cries of the wild spirits in the murmur of the pines.-That is how I lived."

Guest Madmatt

The beta is designed to drop to the desktop when it encounters an error. When it does this is writes to the errorlog.txt

The drop to the desktop itself is not the problem, whats in the errorlog will tell us what triggered this error reporting function.

Madmatt

Don't know if this is related, but I have ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) setup at home, and when I'm playing CM and my wife connects to the Net (using my computer), CM becomes minimized. However, ANY game becomes minized when she connects, so it is a Windows issue, not a CM issue.

Could this be the problem for some of the others here? Maybe, maybe not, but it's something to keep in mind.

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

Hi

Has anyone else noticed that British and Canadian M3A1 Halft tracks won't fire or target anything, in b24?

I'm wondering if it is just me or just he version of the scenario I have been playing, but I have now tried MANY different sceanrio's as the British or the Canadians and ALL of them show the half Tracks with 250 for Ammo but they do not have a "target" option in their drop down order Menu.

Is this just me? Am I the only one using b24 and playing with British half tracks?

I'm just curious as to where the problem is lies? Can someone else verify this or try a sceanrio or two with British HT's and let me know?

Thanks

-tom w

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Has anyone else noticed that British and Canadian M3A1 Halft tracks won't fire or target anything, in b24? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do believe it is a bug affecting converted scenarios with Commonwealth HTs in it. And I know that Charles is on the case.