Can hands be altered?

Hmm, yeah, I guess. I didn't see no wedding rings either. But for that matter, how come no one is wearing glasses? smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by saru3000:

I'm working on some face mods and have noticed the pale pink hands don't match too well.Does anyone know if these can be changed or is this not possible?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it must be possible, because one of Fernando's mods has them wearing mittens.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by saru3000:

I'm working on some face mods and have noticed the pale pink hands don't match too well.Does anyone know if these can be changed or is this not possible?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you can. Look for the sleeve textures (for example 5017 or 5022) and edit the hand color.

I've made mittens/gloves for all of my Winter uniform mods. I just paint them green, brown or black and then use the "oil paint" brush to speckle them giving them a mitten fabric look.

But yeah, Fernando is correct, the hand color is at the bottom of the sleeve file.

Guest MantaRay

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>But yeah, Fernando is correct, the hand color is at the bottom of the sleeve file.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good eye Maximus, I am sure glad that the hand is below the sleeve now-a-days. Is this game so realistic or what??? biggrin.gif

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Hmm, yeah, I guess. I didn't see no wedding rings either. But for that matter, how come no one is wearing glasses? :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The hands CAN be edited? Cool. Time for me to give my polygon hamster faces the addition of paws then. It always bugged me that they had human hands.

As for no the glasses question, I can answer this. It's because of the way the game assigns polygon faces to the various units in the game. For example, it's common to see infantry platoons where all the squads have the same 3 faces. (ie there are 2 faces used in a 3 man squad, 2 guys are twins and 1 guy is different). Now if you gave even one face glasses that could result in what, 66% of of a platoon in spectacles? Not very "realistic." What would you call such a unit? The "Computer Science Geek Stormtroopers?" =)

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

In reply to Kitty's message...

I think the lack of glasses is implemented in the game as an excuse. It mostly reflects the fact most sharpshooters, AT teams and mortars (mortars quite precisely) are "visually challenged".

And if any of you liked Achtung!Spitfire, I am pretty sure you wondered why Stuka and Fairey Battle pilots did not wear glasses either (had they done so, those -insert nationality here- boats would be deep below the surface of the channel.

Reverendo

By the way, congratulations.

I did not remember you were the author of the Hamstertruppen portraits. They are simply terrific (The German hamster with the headphones takes after me quite a lot, even though he is way cuter than I will ever be). Is there already a face mod for this? I would love to have lots of British Wheelborne Hamsters fighting the SS Hamsterdivision all about.

Reverendo, Ye Bloody Scotsman