Pf 60's and the wisdom of fireing them in a house

Imagine it my friends, a night mission, a small squad of german soldiers equiped with only a pf-60 closes to within 20 meters of an american tank. They move slowly forward in the building till they get a line of sight on the target and fire!

Now, I don't mind that they missed, it was a desperate plan to be sure, but they CAUGHT THE DAMN BUILDING ON FIRE smile.gif

I've repeated this course of events 3 or 4 times and though some of you might just say I'm an idiot and should learn from my mistakes I was looking for a more data driven answer to the following questions.

1. I've fired bazooka's anf Shreks in houses and though the backwash often pins my men as of yet I've had no fires. Is this just luck or do they light buildings on fire less then fausts?

The buildings in questions were all "light buildings" so that must have an effect.. also, does this ignition problem exist in other model fausts?

BTW My PBME opponent has GOT to be laughing, for after I miss the tank and mark my position by lighting the building on fire my men do the smart thing and get the hell out of the building, only be be SLAUGHTERED by american MG fire..*sigh*

PS I've yet a 4th! squad to try this tactic in the coming turns, and I am LOATH to try it without some feedback, it is however my best chance to take out his tank *grin*.

Please help out if you know something that would help here.

Guest Germanboy

Do a search for a thread called 'Panzerfaust BBQ' or something, all is revealed there.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ThomasZ:

Thanks, just read it.

I don't disagree, just wanted to confirm what I was seeing *grin*.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you did disagree, the fanatical batallions of fact would just rout you, as has happened to other disbelievers before you and will continue to happen to those who dare not to believe. Much better and less painful to let the CM Borg assimilate you or whatever it does. Remember, resistance is futile...

Please note that all smilies on this (yikes) PC have been assimilated by a small puddle of brown liquid.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ThomasZ:

Imagine it my friends, a night mission, a small squad of german soldiers equiped with only a pf-60 closes to within 20 meters of an american tank. They move slowly forward in the building till they get a line of sight on the target and fire!

Now, I don't mind that they missed, it was a desperate plan to be sure, but they CAUGHT THE DAMN BUILDING ON FIRE smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem, mate. Just switch to Piats. They won't hit the tank either, but they won't set the building on fire... smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

"They won't hit the tank either..." lol. Reminds me of what my friend's dad used to say about the Sten gun (he was in the 6th Airborne)- it was at it's best in close-quarters combat: first you empty the magazine at the enemy from ten metres (if it didn't jam), hitting nothing, and then you wallop him over the head with it...