corrupt map...

wtmcgee

after moving the 'tacops extras' folder from the CDrom to the game folder, i tried to open map 202c to work on a custom scenario for a friend and i.

the game kept crashing every time i went to choose a map when setting up the custom scenario.

after 2 or 3 times, i tried to open the same map in the map editor that came with tacops 4. this also crashed that program. well, just to test, i tried to open another file w/ the editor, and it worked fine.

anywho, is there a place to download map 202c? i've looked all over the battlefront.com site, to no avail.

>memory isn't the problem. i have 1 gig in my machine

But how much memory have you allocated to the TacOps program? Map202c requires more memory than any other TacOps map.

Do one or both of the following on your Macintosh before running TacOps and trying to load map 202c.

A. If you have your monitor control panel set to millions of colors then change it to thousands of colors.

B. Use the Mac desktop "Get Info" feature to allocate more memory to the TacOps Program. Allocate ten more megs of memory to TacOps then run TacOps and try again to load Map 202. If the map still fails to load then repeat the adding of ten more megs until the map loads.

i'll give that a try, thanks for the tip.

by the way, ever since i've joined this community, i've noticed how committed you are to helping out users and giving great support for TacOps. i'm sure everyone else feels the same way, but i just wanted to thank you for putting so much time and effort into such a wonderful program, and to putting so much work into improving Tacops.

:D