Command & Control by the AI

Hallo again,

i asked it some weeks before, but nobody was interested in - but, i still think, the AI doesn´t use the C&C in a correct way.

I like to make DYO-Scenarios - so, i wanna see how the Ai is using the setup-phase. Often, the troops are so scattered, that there is a distance of 100m or more to the HQ-unit of a platoon. Even during the battle, this distance still exists. I know, that in reality this sometimes could happen, but, as a human - player against the AI i´m still (or better always) in a better position by using C&C.

Don´t get me wrong, the Ai plays still fantastic, but sometimes, it could be more better and effectiv if it would use a better C&C tactic.

Has somebody else seen this. Will there be a fix for this. Or, how do you think about my critic???

Any answer would be very kind.

Greetings from Germany

Jochen Schmidt

Guest ckoharik

Oh yes, the TacAI definitely does not utilize it's command units to the fullest extent possible. I believe, from person experience and observation, that this is usually the case when on the offense to the point of throwing HQ's into the teeth of a defense.

I agree with you..I am working on a scenario involving the Hedgerows,,and two problems came up.I set up the Mortar teams behind a HQ ,using the HQ as the eyes for the team.The AI didn't put 2 and 2 together and use the mortars.I assume the AI has to have direct LOS to use mortar teams.So I scrapped the teams and used spotters.I even set up a TRP right where the enemy was situated but the TRP was out of sight from the spotter.The AI did not use the TRP.It was frustrating to say the least.The AI should have utilized the TRP's almost immediately within enemy contact but it never did.You should be able to set up a TRP during the set up phase and lock it in like you can with troop and fortification placement.

------------------

"If Patton were alive today,he'd play Combat Mission."

That's a biggie PanzerMan...

Has anybody seen this thing happening? Does AI not use HQ spotting for mortars or TRPs?

Not that it would matter though, as I usually get a run for my money the first time. biggrin.gif

CoralSaw

------------------

The best things in life are sniped at...

Ah well,

seems to me a discussion is starting.

For the problem with LOS, TRPs and mortars, perhaps you should try to do a padlock setup for this troops involved into.

But, how is your experience with the "normal" C&C of the AI troops. I have the feeling that it is random in the setup phase and during the battle not correctly used.

I think the most difference by the Ai is between tanks and infantry. The tank AI is very, very good. The combination also, but the infantry alone doesn´t work as well as it could, cause there is to less C&C.

Looding forward your comments (perhaps Steve, Charles, Madmatt or Kwazydog?????).

Greetings and many thanks from Germany

Jochen Schmidt