New Feature In Combat Mission Annouced and YOU CAN HELP!!!!!!!!!Details Inside!!!!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

You wanted an update from BTS and we got one for you! Boy do we have one!

Have you played the demo and wished that all the faces on your troops could look different? Well now they CAN!

Combat Mission now has the ability to have more than one texture for the faces!

Here are the details as told by Charles:

Currently Combat Mission will randomly choose one of five (possibly more, thats to be decided still) face textures for each and every face in the game! This means that you could have a tank crew where the Commander and the driver have different faces or even better a squad could (remember, its all random) have three distinct faces instead of cloned like now! There will be no distinction to nationality or unit type. The textures will be applied totally at random. Think of this as a free bonus and this was the fastest and easiest way for BTS to incorporate this feature...

Now the good part. Charles is allowing you, the CM community to submit your own handiwork for possible inclusion into the game! All you need to do is modify the BMP file from the demo called 5000.bmp to look however you want.

There are some requirements though:

Use the 5000.bmp as a template as the positions of the facial features

must remain the same - eyes in the same spot, hairline in roughly the

same location, ears where the ears are, etc. Otherwise the texture

mapping will get screwed up. You may use large dimensions (pixel width and heigth) as BTS can always shrink down the finshed art, but try and and keep it under control (no 800x600 faces! wink.gif) Save the file, or files, remember you got at least FIVE new faces in the game, as BMP's and name them whatever you want. Send your art files to me directly at mailto:Mattf@thegamers.net and I will forward them to BTS for consideration!!!!

Now onto the fine print: ALL SUBMISSIONS OF ART WILL BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF BIG TIME SOFTWARE AND THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT ANY SUBMITTED ART WILL BE UTILIZED IN THE FINAL GAME RELEASE...They are giving you chance is all..But wow what a chance! biggrin.gif

So get those art programs warmed up and ready as you could see YOURSELF in Combat Mission!

Details will be mirrored on CMHQ for ease!

So get painting!

Madmatt biggrin.gif

5000.bmp

THIS COULD BE YOU!!!!

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 02-25-2000).]

Hmmm. Not that I want to be the agent provocateur here, but I think somebody has to ask:

What if I submit an Negro visage to the mix? I know there were African-American combat troops deployed in WW2 (there was a whole division in Italy), but I don't recall reading about too many in the SS. And if it's all going to be assigned randomly, this could lead to some odd encounters...

Guest Madmatt

Ok, lets set some ground rules on this people:

First off, Steve has spoken about the inclusion of non-caucasion graphics in the past and based on a purely CODING issue, it will not happen. So if you want to submit a non-white graphic be advised that there would be a large probablity of a non-white face on a white skinned model (hands, arms etc).

Joke or funny faces...In a word, DON'T. Please make the submissions as realistic as possible.

Amount: Charles has stated that currently five seperate faces can be used (he MAY increase that number but isnt sure yet) so please limit your submissions to FIVE different faces.

Where to send: Send them to me care of this address mailto:mattf@thegamers.net

Thats all, any questions? Now get painting! biggrin.gif

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Thanx BTS. I have never seen a company according so much thoughts to the players in terms of changing the game. Guys we love you.

I hope that you will be fairly rewarded for your open-mindedness. God bless you.

------------------

Veni, vidi, vici

Julius Caesar

Guest Madmatt

One more bit of info, well two bits actually wink.gif.

There is now a Artwork Release Form on the Face submission page, I suggest you read it as any submission will imply compliance with that agreement.

Also, so far the submissions have been great but I want people to understand that these faces DO NOT HAVE TO BE YOURS! In fact if the first batch is any indication, WE DONT THEM TO LOOK LIKE YOU GUYS! biggrin.gif No honestly, feel free to do yourself up but also try and do some authentic or realistic faces too as they will add tremendously to the overall game...Thanks again guys and keep those faces coming!

AGHHH!!! eek.gif The FACES! The Faces! Their Haunting Me!!!

Madmatt...

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 02-25-2000).]