Suggested Order of Scenarios?

Hi All,

Finally got the game on Monday. Woohoo! The (almost) infinite ways a battle can play out - even with identical commands - is just way too cool!

Anyway, maybe I missed it, but is there an alternative way to list the scenarios besides alphabetically?

So far, I've played whatever scenarios caught my eye (a few downloaded ones too). Regardless, I saw that someone mentioned that a good scenario to play after the tutorial was Grafenwohr. What do you personally suggest is a good order of scenarios for learning the game past the tutorial? (Maybe just the first five you can think of)

Thanks,

Gus

Well, it seems that no-one has any suggestions! Ummm...if you're new to tactical wargaming, start off with the tutorials and then do small and medium sized maps before getting overwhelmed with the large and huge.

One other suggeation - if you plan on playing e-mail games, maybe save the scenarios for double-blind PBEM and play only quick-battles and operations against the AI.

p.

Heh, yeah I noticed...

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Pete.

BTW, I went through Gafenwohr last night and found the exercise in troop movement over (and behind) various terrain rather useful. That's the whole idea behind my original question- learning how my troops perform and identifying their strengths/weaknesses despite textbook (whatshouldbe).

I'm new to this type of wargame, yes, but not new to squad tactics. I don't have any prior experience w/ armor like in this one. I find I have to adjust to the fact I don't have direct control over the men (THROW A GRENADE DAMMIT! wink.gif).

I'll take your advice and continue using QB, or even create some setups of my own w/ the editor, saving the bulk of scenarios for multiplay later.

Thanks again,

Gus

The first 5 I played were

1. Tutorial

2. Aachen (play as the Americans)

3. Bruyeres

4. St. Annes Chappell

5. Wiltz

You'll notice that they're all small scenarios. Much more manageable and easier to learn the tactics. So that's what worked for me.

Of course, then I played Sherbrooked Fusiliers (Huge)...

------------------

Jeff Abbott