Multiplayer

Is multiplayer for CM any good? I like the demo, but I dislike playing against AI opponents in general, and love the challenges of the human race smile.gif Also, I would like to know how easy it is to find an opponent who is reliable.

I'm surprised no one has replied. PBEM is a terrific challenge. The AI is fun, but there's nothing more energizing (and sometimes humbling) than a human opponent.

Try it, you'll like it. wink.gif

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye:

I'm surprised no one has replied. PBEM is a terrific challenge.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everybody's off playing PBEM! I've noticed that there's a lot fewer of the hardcore posters here in the past several days. Either they have lots of pbems going or they all just got the new Harry Potter book and are busy reading it.

Hiya Bldrain,

If u have the demo u may have to advertise that fact as i expect alot of ppl are playing pbem with the CD.

I think you will find most ppl here finish pbem games. I have only had 1 pbem not finished in around 30/40 pbem games.

It all depends on who you play, of course. There was a long thread a while back about how PO'ed it gets people when someone just stops replying (usually when they're getting a serious case of whoop ass). It's a little hit or miss, but you try out opponents, and discard those who don't play at the pace you like or who do other things you find a pain (like not finishing when they're getting beaten).

How long a game takes depends on how quickly you and your opponent turn files around, as well as the size of the battle/scenario/operation. I can usually do a turn a night on weekdays, and several turns a day on weekends. Quick Battles can be completed pretty quickly (within a week). The larger Scenarios and Operations can take much longer.

There are several ladders being established for PBEM games, and you should not have problems finding reliable players on those.

------------------

I'm still wrapping up a Gold Demo scenario.

It's hard to go back to AI after you've been eviscerated by humans.

CMers are a pretty reliable bunch. Being humans they are subject to other-world interruptions (disease, work, women, births), but most carry on despite the handicap of being carbon-based.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bldrain:

(he can burn a copy).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DOH!!!

Best keep that to yourself.

BTW, e-mail me if you've haven't ordered already . I was sent an extra copy by mistake and Steve would rather i sell it than return it. You can have it sent next-day rather than wait 2+ weeks for delivery. My e-mail address is in my profile.

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

Hey Birdbrain, I mean Bldrain, "burning" a copy is software piracy. Most of us would like to see CM live and prosper. If you and your friend really like CM, then I'm sure you can scratch up the dough to each purchase it. Too many pirates, and poof, BTS won't be around to make CM2, CM3, etc.

------------------