TCP/IP Network...

sage2

... when? It has been 3 months since this game shipped. TCP/IP network play was going to take about a month; then 2 months... It's now been 3 months.

I really dislike how the PBEM gameflow works -- it's waaaay too time consuming to make me happy.

BTS: any ideas of when we might see TCP/IP?

Sage

Guest barrold713

I imagine it will be available when it is completed and it works properly.

As I am about as grouchy as I get at the moment, but I will refrain from posting any number of comments that are going through my head at the moment of seeing this type of thread again in here.

Somehow I don't believe everyone is going to hold their comments though.

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

I work in software as a program manager. When there has been a 50% overrun on schedule (as there has been here), I'm used to getting spanked for it. Rightfully so.

That being said, I understand the innaccuracy of ETA estimation. But as a project progresses, you can get more and more accurate in your estimates. BTS has not posted additional time estimates.

What I'm asking for (as a customer who spend money on this product) is a revised estimate of when the product will be finished. As are very late on delivering this, I'm asking for a revised ETA.

Thanks,

Sage

Guest Scott Clinton

Steve posted yesterday (in the thread about gamey recon) that we would not see the next patch for at least a month. I (personally) suspect this is because BTS wants the next patch to include TCP/IP.

But then again, I could be full of sh*t. wink.gif

Here's the link http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/010574-6.html

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 09-20-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sage2:

What I'm asking for (as a customer who spend money on this product) is a revised estimate of when the product will be finished. As are very late on delivering this, I'm asking for a revised ETA.

Thanks,

Sage<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There has been three threads on this same subject with your revised estimate in the last few days. Two on this forum and one on the Tech. forum. I would suggest looking back about a week on either or both forums. You will have your answer.

The short version is “It will be done when it is ready” the estimate at this time is maybe two months. It is all discussed by BTS themselves in the threads you will find when you do your search.