Very Unbalanced Forces

Too true, Steve. I get what yr saying, but since we don't have anything else to mess with (hint - hint), we're gonna pull the wings off this lil' bugger until it stops kickin'!.

Actually, as was mentioned, a force multiplier of 25% will give you a reasonable force increase: In VoT, as Germans, I received an extra Inf platoon, a couple more entanglements and mine-fields, two more wooden bunkers, and another Inf platoon added to the reinforcements. Made for a much more even battle, IMHO...

Guest tom w

Now that's FUNNY

And TRUE

Given there are only two scenario's we are all going to play, replay and discect this thing in EVERY possible way while we wait for the GOOD stuff of unlimited NEW (blind) scenarrios to play.

Yes indeedy....

"we're gonna pull the wings off this lil' bugger until it stops kickin'!."

Damn right!! (because it is so much fun smile.gif )

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von Lucke:

Too true, Steve. I get what yr saying, but since we don't have anything else to mess with (hint - hint), we're gonna pull the wings off this lil' bugger until it stops kickin'!.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by tom w (edited 05-19-2000).]

I don't think anyone suggested it but, the ability to delete unwanted units at setup might be considered in future changes to force modification.The ability to bump up the OOB's of both forces would also be great.Been waiting since November 1999 for CM.Soon! soon! soon!How I long to start whining "when's CM2 gonna be out?"

------------------

Cry Havoc!and let slip the dogs of war

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TZEENCH:

Play around with the settings, its intresting on what you get and were, What setting will you get (like 2 Ig150s) esc. I think that one is 125% or something, Hell with that many germans you could counter attack.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played the Germans with a 50% advantage and it gave me FOUR Infantry Guns!!! It kept the artillery off of my AT-Bunker of which then it knocked out all 6 Shermans. I had not-only counter-attacked but actually went of the offensive right from the start once I knew where they were advancing from. I won by the turn after my Panther showed up!!!

Just another example of how random this "advantage" feature is.

Guest herbjorn

BTS, what about adding an ability for the scenario designer to create different "sets" of reinforcement?

For example, in VoT if you choose +125% for the Germans one "set" of reinforcements and additional starting troops will be selected at random from a pool (10 or more) of sets, created by the scenario designer when he built the scenario. Thus, depending on the skill of the scenario designer, the sets would be perfectly balanced for the advantage it is supposed to reflect. You could still keep the random feature and let the player(s) choose at the start of the scenario wether to use "random force boost" or a scenario specific "set", should an advantage be selected for either sides.