Russian Front

Well, we did try. But alas the effort sank into a giant debate over whether the Finnish fought the entire war while the Germans and Russians watched from the sidelines. In the discussion, it became apparent that it wouldn't be much of a game without a contestant for the Finns, so the Cossacks were added. It was called, "LOstfront 1943". It didn't make it though, weren't that many Cossacks buying games online yet. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 11-12-2000).]

Actually I am/was working on this. I hit some roadblocks. My plan was to convert the US and UK into Russian. I modified the M4 Sherman with Sov markings. I wanted to convert USA wavefiles into Russian speech. I wanted to convert USA firearm BMPs into Russian weapons. Next I wanted to modify USA uniforms to look more Russian-like. I wanted to do the first three SL scenarios.

But I ran into some roadblocks. I cannot find the necessary Russian weapons color BMPs. I also cannot seem to get good uniform pictures.

If anyone can help I would be thankful.

MikeT

Bruno Weiss wrote:

In the discussion, it became apparent that it wouldn't be much of a game without a contestant for the Finns, so the Cossacks were added.

Hey, the Cossacks are not enough. You also have to have Kalmuks (or however their name should be translittered English), Tatars, and Mongols. And throw in Novgorodians with Alexander Nevski for good sport.

BTW, I just read a Russian joke from the '40s or so that can be also used as a one-question "Finnish-front grog" test. If you find it funny, you can call yourself a Finnish-front grog:

"Two men were having a conversation in a camp in Siberia. The first one asks:

- Why did they send you here?

- Because of my passport.

- How's that possible?

- Well, when I went in to register for a passport they asked for my nationality. I said that I don't really know, since my father was a Byelorussian and my mother was Finnish. So the official decided to register me as a Byelofinn."

- Tommi

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Los:

That's a great idea! I will bring the idea forward on our beta list and see if we can get BTS working on the necessary mods. Thanks!

Los<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Da man Los........... wink.gif

Regards, John Waters

------------------

"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the

German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. February 1945.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomTom:

Is it possible that combat mission can be edited or a new game could be created to present the russian front instead of normandy?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why dont you wait till CM2 comes out:The Easter front Russian Front all the same!

Actually Rob/1 has the answer here. Dudes, look. The thread starter is a Junior Memeber who is apparently unaware of the planned sequels.

TomTom,

BTS fully plans to do the entire European Theater of Operations.

CM2 will be the Eastern Front.

CM3 will be the Mediterraean Theater (North Africa, Italy, Balkans)

CM4 will be the Early War-Blitzkrieg. (Poland, France)

Each game will contain enhanced features from the previous versions, however, older versions will attempt to be updated to the current standard in order to not out-date earlier volumes.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Oak:

What's the release dates for CM 2, 3, and 4?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When they are ready. Not pulling your leg, that's the official answer.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-13-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

When they are ready. Not pulling your leg, that's the official answer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unofficially CM2 is supposed to take about a year to make. They won't really get moving on it until 1.06 is out, so look for CM2 late next year/early 2002. The general plan was to have CM3 and 4 take about a year each as well, but don't hold them to that. Lots of things can change.

------------------

Most people assume that the M in US vehicle designations means "Model". Thus, the Medium Tank M4 Sherman would be the "Model #4" Medium tank. This is incorrect. The M actually stands for "Mortality" and the number represents the life expectancy of the vehicle in minutes. - Bullethead

• 2 weeks later...