Need serious help finding reisberg demo!

I have searched what seems like an eternity to find this reisberg demo i keep hearing about. I have searched these forums and about 20 pages on the webring, but came up with squat. I've heard people talk about it but no links popped up or anything, so I am moving to my last resort and re-asking the question: Where can I get the demo?

Also, is there an online manual that BTS or another webring site has put on? I find Wild Bill's page to be informative, but i need to know some crucial basics too. Thanks, Matt

[This message has been edited by Ezmartini (edited 12-22-2000).]

Guest Mirage2k

The Riesburg scenario was part of the original public beta demo released a long time ago. Somebody might've kept it for old-time's sake and might be willing to send it to you (Not me, though, as I've long since deleted it from my hard drive).

-Andrew

------------------

"No, it's not that kind of relationship. We're just friends. We are together all the time, but I never touch her porcelain skin, her soft, red lips, like rose petals from the emperor's bathwater! Bathwater, I tell you, bathwateeeeeeer!"

For one thing both beta demo scenarios are in the full game.

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC

Join Robs CMC2 today! Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Board

BHQS Board for me and BHQS only!

BHQS board

OK, I have the .cmb's, and I put them in the Scenarios folder, but they dont show up on my scenario list! Don't tell me I have to download the original beta demo. And compassion, I already got the demos, so you don't gotta send them. Thanks anyways though. Someone please help me out.

------------------

"You see, while I've been gone you loony chumchucks have thrown Peng in a ditch, ran Frenchie out of town and reduced Seanachai to a four-sentence-max-posting wretch. To compound this, you have managed to create an entire fantasy world for me to occupy that consists almost but not entirely of a Polar Bear's rectum. And, AND, you moved the Cesspool to Australia. You should be ashamed of yourselves." - Elijah Meeks

RUN LIKE HELL - CM/Cross Country motto

DUDES!!!!

All THREE Beta Demo scenarios came on the CM CD. These scenarios are: Chance Encounter, Last Defense, and Reisberg. Just look...they are there.

One of the two Gold Demo scenarios are on the CD. It is Chance Encounter...same one as above. The second, Valley of Trouble is only available through the Gold Demo. HOWEVER, you can move/copy/save it (or whatever the hell you wanna call it) from the Gold Demo to the Full Version or you could get someone to email it to ya, like me. I saved it.

Guest MantaRay

Yep, all 3 are on the CD. I would like someone to send me the VOT one though. Havent played that bugger for a while.

Thx in advance,

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

could someone please answer my question posted above? smile.gif

------------------

"You see, while I've been gone you loony chumchucks have thrown Peng in a ditch, ran Frenchie out of town and reduced Seanachai to a four-sentence-max-posting wretch. To compound this, you have managed to create an entire fantasy world for me to occupy that consists almost but not entirely of a Polar Bear's rectum. And, AND, you moved the Cesspool to Australia. You should be ashamed of yourselves." - Elijah Meeks

RUN LIKE HELL - CM/Cross Country motto

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by saru3000:

Was Valley of trouble renamed?I can't seem to find it on the disk.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um VOT wasn't in the beta demo. IT was in the gold demo!

EZMartini, what are you asking for? The three scenarios that were in the beta demo are in the game. VoT is from the final build of the games demo. The beta scenarios will not work in the final version of the game (as far as I know)..you would need the beta demo to play the beta demo scenarios.

If you do not have the game yet then you would need to have the beta demo to play the beta scenarios. The beta demo contains the scenarios, Reisberg and Last Defence. The beta demo is too big for somebody to email. It is probably not posted for download anymore because there is no longer a need for it as it was a beta build of the game not the final version (who wants to keep unfinished work around when the final product is availible). The "gold" demo is availible for download with Chance Encounter and Valley of Trouble.

If you are just someone who is curious about the what the beta demo was like you can send me an email and I will give you my address so you can send me a Zip disc and return envelope and I will send it to you.

As for the manual being online...NO it is not. If you have not purchased the game yet and you have any questions about how the game works you can find the answers here using the search feature. If you have the game already where is the one that came with your copy.

I think this answered all your questions...if not let me know.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng

One last thing. The reason the demo isn't emailable is because it is somewhere between 15 and 30 megs (I forget...it was over a year ago I downloaded it and I have a hard time remembering yesterday let alone last year). And again it isn't worth anyone putting up on a web site because it's only worth now is as a curiosity.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng

I HAVE the gold demo, but I want to play the scenarios on the beta demo. Do I have to download the beta demo, because the .cmb files are in the Scenarios folder, but no response is in the game. i just want to know if I can play reisber and last defence on the gold demo.