Scenario design, Assault boats as reinforcement

I am in the middle of a scenario design for Gari River and want the allied assault boats to enter a specific area on turn x. How can I choose the area so they enter near the river enstead of at the border?

Another question. Can I use a custom designed map in QB?

------------------

Malmvig

Guest Pillar

Malmvig,

In order to place units and designate the reinforcement areas, you must first select the units and then go to the map "Preview" -- they should be there, as well as reinforcement markers as per your unit selection screen options.

Also, you can't use custom maps in QB unfortunately. I wish we could too smile.gif That way, you could make some really great terrain maps but keep the units random.

Good luck old friend.

Hi Pillar! Thanks for your reply but I most confess that there is a whole lot of a picture about setting'up units in the scenario design editor that I don't understand. First issue is how? wink.gif I can't see any buttons or icons that enabled me to do any setup within the editor. Where do I need to look? (Manual, page, previous posts ect.) I feel this is a very stupid question but I'am totally failing to see where I do the pre-setup of units. redface.gif

Your friend, Henrik Malmvig

Btw. OddBall, yo getting stranger by the day wink.gif I had only seen Kelly's heros a few dozen of times - is your behaviour..Wof..Uhh..Wof..some kind of a Virus..Wof...Don't do those negative vibrations to me..Wof wink.gif

------------------

Malmvig

Guest Madmatt

Be careful will using assualt boats though. The Ai CAN NOT use them and any side that has them MUST be played by a person. You will notice that the game will not allow you to play a solo game where the Ai is supposed to have Assualt Boats.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest Pillar

After you've selected the Units Malmvig, go to the map editor screen.

There should be a button up top left that says "Preview", that allows you to go into the map and place the units you've already got selected from the points screen.

Thanks Madmatt but I'am aware. However you must be the right person to ask how to simulate river crossing in a scenario? The first work around that comes to my mind is the use of ford's. Are this a better solution?

------------------

Malmvig