PBEM Umpire Options

Jeff Gilbert

My question is directed toward using the Umpire options in PBEM in a standard scenario.

My opponant and I both used the Umpire options prior to our 1st turns to change / modify our forces. Now, 75 turns later, we would like to access the Umpire tools and add forces. However, this is now Greyed-Out now that the game is in progress.

Question 1. Are the Umpire Tools only available prior to the game's first turn?

Question 2. Are the Umpire Tools not available in "Standard Scenarios" after the first turn?

Question 3. Would using "Custom Scenario US Army" allow use of Umpire Tools after the game has begun?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I think Major H. has to field this one. I know we'd figured out some strange method of doing this in v3, but testing of it never got off the ground.

You'll probably need each other's passwords, at a minimum.

Something to try:

- Save the current game as a .tac file.

- Reload it as a two players on one computer game.

- Edit the relevant side, reload it as a saved game for PBEM.

Drat. I had hoped that I wouldn't be drug into this one. smile.gif

It was not my intent for the umpire tools to function after the startup turn in a two player, PBEM game. To allow this might make some people worry that their opponent might be cheating.

Experimentation on your part might find some reasonable work arounds but I don't want to get into it myself.

Fair warning - if you do find a loophole that allows you to do what you want, I may in the future treat that as a bug that needs to be fixed. smile.gif

[ March 11, 2003, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: MajorH ]

Okay, i will run a few tests and see what happens. I was just hoping for an easy answer. I was also trying to get away from just plopping a ton of units on the map of a 200+ minute PBEM game. We obviously want to phase the troops in.

You know full well that I will NOT tell you if it works as I don't want this "bug" fixed until I have a scenario editor/creator. :D

Originally posted by MajorH:

It was not my intent for the umpire tools to function after the startup turn in a two player, PBEM game. To allow this might make some people worry that their opponent might be cheating.

This has never been a problem or concern with the folks I game with. But, now that you mention it .... hmmm :rolleyes: