Waffen SS Uniforms

Hello all CM players!! smile.gif

I've been lurking around this site for quite some time, and finnaly took it upon myself to

join up. First off, i'd like to say how much i enjoy this game; you did an awesome job BTS!! Second, i'm really impressed by how seriously the members here take WW2 historical accuracy. Well now for my question, The Waffen SS infantry uniforms, is their something wrong with them. Shouldn't the uniform consist of a camo smock and black pants, not just a camo jumper set?

Guest SS Peiper

Von Schmidt the uniform the Waffen SS have is right. Its a pea dot pattern. Most of the SS units(1st,2nd,12th,9th and 10th) in Normandy had them.It was not a jumper set but a 2 peace uniform cut like the field gray uniform of the Heer.

SS Peiper

[This message has been edited by SS Peiper (edited 07-28-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Schmidt:

Hello all CM players!! smile.gif

I've been lurking around this site for quite some time, and finnaly took it upon myself to

join up. First off, i'd like to say how much i enjoy this game; you did an awesome job BTS!! Second, i'm really impressed by how seriously the members here take WW2 historical accuracy. Well now for my question, The Waffen SS infantry uniforms, is their something wrong with them. Shouldn't the uniform consist of a camo smock and black pants, not just a camo jumper set? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Waffen SS in CM appear to be wearing the full 1944 'Herringbone' twill, pea scheme camouflage uniforms.

Regards,John Waters.

As I understand it, Waffen-SS units would have been wearing a variety of different camouflage patterns, which includes Italian camouflage, in full uniforms and smocks. And there were even differences within squads. I don't know how BTS could handle that with complete accuracy... wink.gif