Anyone using a Vortex 2 soundcard?

Finally figured out how to unzip. Now I can't run the demo. Damnit. I've spent 3 hours on this already and no love yet frown.gif.

I think it's my sound card. I double click on the executable, get a blank screen asking if I can this 1024x768 screen, press ok, then my sound goes into a loop. I have a Xitel Storm Platinum sound card with A3D reference drivers. Please tell me there is someone in here who has this card (or another A3D card) and knows which drivers are needed. I'm getting close.

Muchos Gracias

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest Pham

Juardis,

You mentioned in an earlier post that you fixed some errors in the zip. If the lockups are coming from the installation from the corrupt zip, you should re-download the demo. 9 times out of 10, "fixed" zips are still corrupt and can cause major problems.

That said, it still may be your sound driver. I'd try the re-download first(with gozilla or getright)

Guest Pham

I do play M1TP2, but not multiplayer so I'm guessing that's not what you mean. smile.gif

Never posted to combat sim that I can recall.

Pham is the name of a central character in the book "A Deepness in the Sky". Excellent book, which I'd highly recommend to anyone if I could remember the authors name.

Oh, I use Pham when playing Unreal Tournament. If you play and saw some ass with that name camping, sniping peoples heads off from cheap hiding places, shooting just spawned players and generally getting lots of people mad at him, that was me.

Guest Pham

The book's about two starship fleets that both arrive at the first discovered alien planet at the same time, and the... ah... problems that occur. Science fiction, but not gooofy science fiction(the primary weapons for the ships are nukes, not some made up photon torpedo or whatnot).

It also heavily involves a war on the alien planet that has a technology level of WWII earth.

Anyway, excellent book. I highly recommend it.