Please help....sound quit working

I have been playing this demo since it was released and all was fine. Now for no apparent reason the sound does not work. I noticed it when I tried to play a PBEM file. It wont make any sounds, not in the intro screen or any of the scenario's either.

Can anyone help. All other applications work fine. I have a great game going and need to get the sounds up and running again before I can finish.

Any imput would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Von Shrad

HEY VS,

Hit alt-ctrl-del one time and look in the message box- make sure all copies of CM are closed I have had problems with them not closing all the way and it will build up multiple copies.

Also If you inadvertently hit CTRL_S i think or alt-s something like that it turns off the sound in the game - bring down your menu screen it will tell you how this is done

If none of the above reboot if that doesnt fix it go on ICQ and i'll see if I can help you troubleshoot

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

*bowing head in shame*

O.K. Ill be the next(notice I didnt say first) to say'Von,you are an idiot!

I went through many things before taking the advice of SS-PL, who is not a Sloth after all, and pressed shift-s. Who would have thought?

'You have disgaced your famery and your countwy. KILL YOURSELF!!'

Had an actual call while working at Toys R US from a customer about the video on her Playstation not working.

Turned out the yellow video plug had come out. Never thought I would get to use the stereotypical tech support question, "Is it plugged in?" smile.gif

Hey, if you couldn't get the sound to work you could always do what my friends and I did when we were little. Make the sounds yourself. biggrin.gif

I'm sure we all made sounds when wer were kids to simulate tanks, planes, and MGs.

Jason

BANG, BANG!! I shot you!

No, you didn't!

Yes, I did!

No , you missed! The bullet went right by my head!

Liar! You're dead!

Ahh, those were the days. biggrin.gif

lol...I had to watch one of the most exciting turns without sound. Im talking about multiple schrecks shooting at the last enemy tank that was itself immobilized. An Ambush in the woods, flanking attack on the right and left with a major push up the middle. It was so damn quiet!

At least I was able to get the sound right later and watched it again....If only things would have gone better.